The Samsung Galaxy S24
dragon672's profile

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 10:49 PM

Quick question about the home screens

Greetings everyone.

I just got my case for my Atrix in the mail today and its a sweet case too.  But since I have small hands the case adds a little bit of bulk to the case and I can't reach the dialer option with my thumb I keep hitting the account button.  My Atrix came with the Gingerbread update installed btw.  So I'm wondering is there a way to switch the way those 4 main buttons around?  Thanks a lot. 

A week with the Atrix and its been great.  I love this phone so much more than my Karma.  My niece is even a little jealous and she has an iphone.  Smiley Wink

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Ann154 wrote:
WB, have you checked the manual for your phone too? I don't recall if the dock icons on a Samsung phone can be changed either.
Not sure if my phone came with the manual - I am the second owner of my phone.

Anyway, the "Phone", "Email", "Browser", and "Applications" bottom icons cannot be changed or moved around.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@dragon672 wrote:

Greetings everyone.

I just got my case for my Atrix in the mail today and its a sweet case too.  But since I have small hands the case adds a little bit of bulk to the case and I can't reach the dialer option with my thumb I keep hitting the account button.  My Atrix came with the Gingerbread update installed btw.  So I'm wondering is there a way to switch the way those 4 main buttons around?  Thanks a lot. 

A week with the Atrix and its been great.  I love this phone so much more than my Karma.  My niece is even a little jealous and she has an iphone.  Smiley Wink

If you're talking about the on-screen apps, no, I do not think this can be done - at least not on Samsung Android phones. If you are talking about the four main physical buttons on the bottom of the phone, (Home, Menu, Back, Search) this definitely cannot be done.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Let's see. The Atrix has the new Blur on it. Try a long press on the icon. I think you can switch three of the icons. The application drawer one is the only one that you can't. If you haven't already, I would suggest that you download the online manual from Motorola's website. Instructions for changing the dock should be in there.

WB, have you checked the manual for your phone too? I don't recall if the dock icons on a Samsung phone can be changed either.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

The full manual wouldn't have come with the phone either way. The manufacturers don't bother to include the 250+ pages of paper anymore.

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

13 years ago

Aww man that sucks.  But thanks for the answer WB.  I'll just figure out a new way to click the home buttons because I'm not taking my Atrix out of its pretty blue and black Trident protective case.  Smiley Wink

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@dragon672 wrote:

Aww man that sucks.  But thanks for the answer WB.  I'll just figure out a new way to click the home buttons because I'm not taking my Atrix out of its pretty blue and black Trident protective case.  Smiley Wink

Sorry that it's not what you particularly wanted to hear. But you're welcome.

I don't blame you for not wanting to take the phone out of the case - I'd much rather be forced to deal with functionality issues than so little as put a scratch on a $500 phone! 😄

Ann154: Sorry for my cluelessness. 😛 I guess people never really read them?

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

Speaking of "home screens" WB , i peeked at one of your uiploaded pics, is that one with the black background your home screen? Nice!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

That is correct. It's a more customized background than what my phone offers stock-wise. It's called "Nexus Revamped". I got it free from the Android Market. Ever since I first saw it, I've been in love with it ever since. It's been my phone's background for over six months now, and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon. 😉

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

Yep thats the one in Anndroid154' s link you soon to be nonpurple wizard of wizards 😉
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.