Quick question about the home screens

Highlighted
Scholar

Quick question about the home screens

Greetings everyone.

I just got my case for my Atrix in the mail today and its a sweet case too.  But since I have small hands the case adds a little bit of bulk to the case and I can't reach the dialer option with my thumb I keep hitting the account button.  My Atrix came with the Gingerbread update installed btw.  So I'm wondering is there a way to switch the way those 4 main buttons around?  Thanks a lot. 

A week with the Atrix and its been great.  I love this phone so much more than my Karma.  My niece is even a little jealous and she has an iphone.  Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 15 (907 Views)
Master

Re: Quick question about the home screens

dragon672 wrote:

Greetings everyone.

I just got my case for my Atrix in the mail today and its a sweet case too.  But since I have small hands the case adds a little bit of bulk to the case and I can't reach the dialer option with my thumb I keep hitting the account button.  My Atrix came with the Gingerbread update installed btw.  So I'm wondering is there a way to switch the way those 4 main buttons around?  Thanks a lot. 

A week with the Atrix and its been great.  I love this phone so much more than my Karma.  My niece is even a little jealous and she has an iphone.  Smiley Wink

If you're talking about the on-screen apps, no, I do not think this can be done - at least not on Samsung Android phones. If you are talking about the four main physical buttons on the bottom of the phone, (Home, Menu, Back, Search) this definitely cannot be done.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 15 (902 Views)
Master

Let's see. The Atrix has the new Blur on it. Try a long press on the icon. I think you can switch three of the icons. The application drawer one is the only one that you can't. If you haven't already, I would suggest that you download the online manual from Motorola's website. Instructions for changing the dock should be in there.

WB, have you checked the manual for your phone too? I don't recall if the dock icons on a Samsung phone can be changed either.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 15 (899 Views)
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author dragon672
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Ann154 wrote:
WB, have you checked the manual for your phone too? I don't recall if the dock icons on a Samsung phone can be changed either.
Not sure if my phone came with the manual - I am the second owner of my phone.

Anyway, the "Phone", "Email", "Browser", and "Applications" bottom icons cannot be changed or moved around.

Message 4 of 15 (894 Views)
Master

The full manual wouldn't have come with the phone either way. The manufacturers don't bother to include the 250+ pages of paper anymore.
Message 5 of 15 (890 Views)
Scholar

Aww man that sucks.  But thanks for the answer WB.  I'll just figure out a new way to click the home buttons because I'm not taking my Atrix out of its pretty blue and black Trident protective case.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 15 (886 Views)
Master

dragon672 wrote:

Aww man that sucks.  But thanks for the answer WB.  I'll just figure out a new way to click the home buttons because I'm not taking my Atrix out of its pretty blue and black Trident protective case.  Smiley Wink

Sorry that it's not what you particularly wanted to hear. But you're welcome.

I don't blame you for not wanting to take the phone out of the case - I'd much rather be forced to deal with functionality issues than so little as put a scratch on a $500 phone! Smiley Very Happy

Ann154: Sorry for my cluelessness. Smiley Tongue I guess people never really read them?

Message 7 of 15 (881 Views)
Professor

Speaking of "home screens" WB , i peeked at one of your uiploaded pics, is that one with the black background your home screen? Nice!
Message 8 of 15 (834 Views)
Master

Message 9 of 15 (831 Views)
Master

That is correct. It's a more customized background than what my phone offers stock-wise. It's called "Nexus Revamped". I got it free from the Android Market. Ever since I first saw it, I've been in love with it ever since. It's been my phone's background for over six months now, and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 15 (823 Views)
Professor

Yep thats the one in Anndroid154' s link you soon to be nonpurple wizard of wizards Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 15 (744 Views)
Master

RicoLX wrote:
Yep thats the one in Anndroid154' s link you soon to be nonpurple wizard of wizards Smiley Wink
I'd consider it pink, but I feel like Dorothy all over again! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 15 (741 Views)
Master

I thought that screen background looked a little Nexus like.

My computer screen is making your Wizard color look very salmon colored. Orangy Pink
Message 13 of 15 (738 Views)
Master

Maybe the transition hasn't taken a full effect and it appears to be stuck. Smiley Tongue

I know that on my phone, the color(s) look a bit different than they would on my computer screen/iPod.

Message 14 of 15 (737 Views)
Professor

It does have a rather salmony- orangepink to it. Could be the new 21century orange. Gone is the 1950s Orange Crush
Message 15 of 15 (732 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.