For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
bluesman821's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 1:38 AM

Purchased ringtones

I purchased two ringtones from the Play Store. Instead of downloading to my phone( LG Optimus Pro) it stored them in my online library. I can see them and even play them but how can I get them to my phone and onto the ringtone list?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

bluesman821,

Glad you got it figured out, the following might not be needed but you can test to see if camera saves to sd card.

I believe if you launch camera, click menu, settings, you can choose storage location sd card. It won't help with your ringtones but at least your photos can be saved to sd card.

James

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

bluesman821,

Can you access your Google Play store account via LG Optimus Pro, then play ringtone, on your player there should be a menu to choose as ringtone. Your ringtone should also be stored on your sd card?

James

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Well Thank you for the reply. I finally figured it out, but the download wasn't saved to SD card. In fact nothing is being saved to SD card and I find no setting or option on saving to SD or device. It shows the card in the storage setting but nothing on it.  

Explorer

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Note that SDCard is your local device memory and ExtSDCard is the actual removeable SD Card memory.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Yes that does work for photos.I guess I will have to take card out and  install it to my computer to add music. Hopefully I will be able to play music added this way.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Would you share the solution? I can't seem to accomplish it - this is my second Android and it would not work for me on the first one either. Google Play Store is storing the ringtones I purcahsed in Goggle Play Music but they are not available in the rigntone list under settings and when I try to add them from Google Play Music they are not available in that list either.

There is no menu in Play Store to save (or play) them as ringtones - I did find a menu item that says Keep on device but it did not solve the problem.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@sweixelman wrote:

Would you share the solution? I can't seem to accomplish it - this is my second Android and it would not work for me on the first one either. Google Play Store is storing the ringtones I purcahsed in Goggle Play Music but they are not available in the rigntone list under settings and when I try to add them from Google Play Music they are not available in that list either.

There is no menu in Play Store to save (or play) them as ringtones - I did find a menu item that says Keep on device but it did not solve the problem.

Are you sure you have downloaded the file to your phone, instead of it just being available to play from "the cloud"?  Play Music is touted heavily as a "cloud" player (as seems the trend lately) so the default is for songs to be played from the cloud, as opposed to downloaded to the phone (not sure if the same is try for ringtones, but I'm guessing it is).

Select the title in Play Music, if the pin symbol is gray it has not actually been downloaded to the device.  Tap the 3-dot menu and/or pin symbol.  Select the option "Keep on Device" (also has a pin symbol next to it).  You might get a message saying it will only be downloaded via WiFi (again, this is default) but you can change this is the apps general settings.  Once downloaded, see if the file shows up in ringtone list of the phone's Sound settings.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am having this same problem. I do not know what a pin symbol is, but I have a three-dot menu next to my ringtone name.  However, when I hit that, there is no "Keep on Device"  option.  This is very frustrating.

Select the title in Play Music, if the pin symbol is gray it has not actually been downloaded to the device.  Tap the 3-dot menu and/or pin symbol.  Select the option "Keep on Device" (also has a pin symbol next to it).  You might get a message saying it will only be downloaded via WiFi (again, this is default) but you can change this is the apps general settings.  Once downloaded, see if the file shows up in ringtone list of the phone's Sound settings.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.