The Samsung Galaxy S24
Jaygee33's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 6th, 2017 12:35 AM

Provisioning error when trying to setup AT&T Numbersync on my LG G Pad X 8.0

I recently got an LG G Pad X 8.0 tablet from AT&T.  I have been trying to set up AT&T Numbersync on it so that I can make and receive calls on my tablet aside from regular cellphone.  I have a Moto G4 Plus cellphone (unlocked) and this is the smartphone that I want to sync calls to my LG G Pad X 8.0.

When I attempt to set up Numbersync, I go through the prompt to login to myAT&T.  

I login using my phone's wireless number and password.  

I click next after IMPORTANT INFORMATION page is displayed.

I enter my E911 Home address and click Verify Address.

I accept the pre-filled Device Name: LG G Pad X 8.0 and click Next.

It then display "Provisioning... please wait".

After awhile, it states:

Login Failure  You must have an active AT&T wireless account.  Please go to AT&T.com to activate an account.

This is puzzling because both my cellphone and my tablet are activated?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

You can't use numbersync with a non att smartphone. Your unlocked phone won't work with numbersync.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for replying. So it doesn't matter that the Moto G4 Plus is compatible with AT&T the and it has to be a smartphone bought specifically from AT&T? I thought as long as the phone is capable of enhanced LTE that it should work.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Your phone can't get enhanced lte services. It might be compatible but att does not allow non att branded phones to use those services.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

"att does not allow non att branded phones to use those services." Such an [word filter avoidance] company.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.