Problems with Samsung Galaxy 5S receiving texts from iPhones

Contributor

Problems with Samsung Galaxy 5S receiving texts from iPhones

HI!  I switched from an iPhone to the Galaxy 5S and I'm not getting all my text messages from my people who have iPhones.  I've removed my number, name and email from my old iPhone, I've turned off iMessage, my people have turned off their iMessage, I've deleted my contacts with iPhones and added them, they have done the same with me . . . I've used 'Messaging' and 'Hang Out' for texting, I've called AT&T, I've gone into AT&T and still it's not working 100%.  Anyone else have this issue or a fix??  HELP!

Message 1 of 5 (2,427 Views)
Tutor

Re: Problems with Samsung Galaxy 5S receiving texts from iPhones

Go to Apple.com login to your account and unregister your devices there from iTunes, or ask your friends who have iPhones to chnge message service from iMessage to phone number.

Message 2 of 5 (2,380 Views)
Employee

The problem is the following, your number is still register within Apple's imessage server and other Iphone users recognize your number as an Iphone still. Here is the solution

Apple

If you go to this link, sign into your apple ID and unregister your number and device. If you are still having issues, please contact Apple Care at this number 1-800-676-2775

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (2,292 Views)
Contributor

Did all of this! thanks though.

Message 4 of 5 (2,002 Views)
Contributor

I called Apple and they did their thing . . . hopefully this will work! Thank you both for your responses!

Message 5 of 5 (1,999 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.