For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
doctorwhen's profile

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 9:08 PM

Problem with your Galaxy phone?

If you are having any problem with your Galaxy phone (or any phone) from AT&T, here is the best thing to do, especially if you just bought your phone. Run, don't walk, to the closest AT&T store or the AT&T location where you purchased your phone and return it immediately. Get a refund. Go to another carrier. Do this because if you have any problems with your phone's software, etc, AT&T will ignore you, give you the run-around, lie, etc and leave you with a defective phone. Seriously. You picked the wrong carrier. You need someone who cares!

Thank you and sorry you purchased an AT&T phone!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

It sounds like you're pretty frustrated with your phone. 

If you'll tell us what happened we can help. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I can completely understand. I just did the AT&T software update to my Galaxy SIII and well now it's not working right. I know it was the update because literally after I rebooted as part of the install process I was getting error messages. This started Sunday.

I have since been forced to disable the DRM and Media services to prevent the error messages from coming up every 5 seconds. However this has left me without the ablity to use anything stored on my phone. So pictures, music, ringtones, books, ect. all inaccessable. And I know diabling the services was only a band-aid to keep the thing working in the mean time.

I want to know, without resorting to a factory reset,  how to fix this. I am not interested in having to reset my phone everytime a software update is sent my way, I am not interested in excuses, I just want my phone working again. Where is the guide, the instructions or what havve you that can help me fix this issue.

-Nik

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sorry you're having problems with your phone. 

Will you send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@Sparkfist wrote:

I want to know, without resorting to a factory reset,  how to fix this. I am not interested in having to reset my phone everytime a software update is sent my way, I am not interested in excuses, I just want my phone working again.

Unfortunately, a factory reset is the best way to update the phone's firmware.  Many of the issues after an OTA (not all, but many) are caused by conflicts with user installed apps.  The practice of keeping user data while updating the firmware is a messy and problematic method.

Yes, setting up the phone again is a bit annoying.  But as long as your contact info, email etc. is on the cloud, and your pictures and music are on the SD card (make sure they are before resetting), it really shouldn't take that long to reconfigure the phone.  I'm back up and running again in less than a half an hour.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

There are lots of frustrated users on this forum and outside this forum.  Jamileh tries to help, but really, when your phone is suffering from the Sleep of Death (SOD) on Android 4.0.4 and AT&T will barely acknowledge such a thing, it can make you see red.  (Verizon red?)

But the reality is that none of the carriers cares about you.  That's the beauty of the oligopoly.  So few choices that you're bound to be stuck with one.  The best you can do is find one you can tolerate.

The only phone that isn't under AT&T's thumb is the iPhone.  But its walled garden doesn't work for me. 

The Android model isn't working.  I'm not sure Windows Phone is the answer either.

Perhaps going back to a "dumb" phone and dropping your expensive data plan?  If it doesn't hit them in the bottom line, nothing will ever change.

I've been a customer since 1999, but I tell you I get less satisfied with every passing day.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.