For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
keroppi's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 27th, 2017 10:55 PM

Problem with unlocking ZTE Maven (Z812)

More than a year ago I purchased a ZTE Maven Z812 phone without annual contract.  I have used it with AT&T GoPhone service for more than a year.  I requested an unlock code for the phone and twice AT&T has sent me this rejection notice:

Your unlock request was denied because the IMEI number doesn’t match a device that’s compatible with the AT&T network.

How is that possible when I am currently using AT&T's network?  I have double-checked the IMEI and ensured that I entered it correctly.  How can I obtain an unlock code from AT&T?

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

I had the same problem. Re-submitted, and about a week later finally got the unlock code. There is a big thread about this from last week, AT&T claimed they are aware of the issue. After so many problems with AT&T including this, I have moved my entire family to T-Mobile.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

There is a big thread about this from last week, AT&T claimed they are aware of the issue.

Can you please point me to that thread?  I have now submitted online for an unlock code 3 times.  I get the same reject notice each time.  It is becoming a HUGE problem!  AT&T doesn't even bother to send me a response; I have to look up the unlock status to see that it has been rejected Smiley Mad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.