The Samsung Galaxy S24
georgiak26's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 4:52 PM

Problem with HTC Vivid! I need help!

I have a HTC Vivid.. it just decided it didn't want to turn on. When I plug in the charger, the little orange light won't come on.. but the screen will turn light grey like it wants to turn on, then it just goes black again. It was working fine last night before I went to bed, left it on the charger, and now.. nothing. I haven't dropped it, it's in perfect condition.. Can anyone help me please?! Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Try leaving it on the charger overnight.  Make sure you use the wall charger, not USB.

Then try to boot into bootloader:  hold the volume down rocker (don't let go until I say so), press the power button for 5 seconds or so, then release the power button (not the vol down rocker).  Keep holding vol down until the white bootloader screen comes up.

If you can get into bootloader, try a factory reset and see if that helps.  You will lose all your data.  But I think you're past that point, anyway.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you, I'll try it. I left it alone for a little while and now it won't even give me the screen like it's trying to turn on. Maybe I need a new battery?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@georgiak26 wrote:

Maybe I need a new battery?

Its possible.  Are you still under warranty (1 year from purchase)?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

The phone was given to me by a friend. I just tried what you said and it made my phone charge? Lol I've been trying for hours and I have someone just about to pull up to give me another battery.. crazy. Thank you! Hopefully it keeps working and I don't encounter this same problem again! I love Android way better than iPhone.. I would hate to have to switch back!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Your welcome.  What did the trick, did you have to factory reset?

Also, be sure the click the "Accept as solution" button for my post that helped you.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Done! Thank you. And no, it was just the battery. So nothing had to be deleted 🙂

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I had the same problem and was told by AT&T tech the problem was the charging port itself that had failed, replace the phone or have it repaired by a repair shop, is not covered under warranty

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i have been having same problem and i did change the battery and the port and stiil having same problem

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.