The Samsung Galaxy S24
OlgaBQ579's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 15th, 2017 8:19 AM

Predictive language input is not working after update

Hello. I have recently received my Samsung Galaxy S6 as a replacement device and was absolutely happy with it. Especially I liked the predictive typing feature which made typing messages and texts so much more efficient. And, most of all, I was pleasantly surprised that the phone "knew" not only English language, but Russian and Ukrainian as well, and most of its predictive guesses on my typing were correct! I got really used to this very efficient and smart typing and simply loved it. However, in just a few weeks after I received my phone the system started sending the message about update available and constantly reminded. I was too naive to think that the update would not do any harm and agreed to it. Honestly, the colors are awful, but that's not a bit deal, can be resolved by downloading a new theme. What really disappointed me after the update was that the phone "forgot" the Russian and Ukrainian languages and my smart predictive typing in this languages is not working any more :(((( In English it's ok, as before, but in Russian and Ukrainian it now "suggest" absolutely irrelevant things and underlines with red most of my correct writing. I tried deleting the languages and adding them again, but it didn't help. In Settings where I added the languages, next to Russian and Ukrainian it now says "Might not be available in some apps". Does it mean that it's no longer compatible with the update settings? Can this be fixed somehow? Can I somehow undo that update and just return all things to where they were? I really regret now that I agreed to that update :(((( Thank you in advance for any feed-back on this. 

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.