Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 28, 2012
9:01:32 AM
View profile
Potential switch from Motorola Atrix 4G to Atrix HD
Edited by tmac5454 on Dec 28, 2012 at 9:14:11 AM

I own a Motorola Atrix 4G and have a friend who is switching from his Atrix HD to the iPhone. I am interested in potentially purchasing the HD from him but got to wondering...

When I switched from a Blackberry to the Atrix 4G, I was required to purchase the 4G data Plan (4 GB) that went along with it, no big deal.

My question now: If I switch to the Atrix HD, will I be required to switch Data Plans as well?

Thanks for the help!

I own a Motorola Atrix 4G and have a friend who is switching from his Atrix HD to the iPhone. I am interested in potentially purchasing the HD from him but got to wondering...

When I switched from a Blackberry to the Atrix 4G, I was required to purchase the 4G data Plan (4 GB) that went along with it, no big deal.

My question now: If I switch to the Atrix HD, will I be required to switch Data Plans as well?

Thanks for the help!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 13, 2013 1:04:46 PM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by Dorlese_D on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:36:50 AM

tmac5454 wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Hello @tmac5454! Yes, all of our smartphones require a data plan. Visit our device center here to see the contract and plan requirements for the Atrix HD. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Potential switch from Motorola Atrix 4G to Atrix HD

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 13, 2013 1:04:46 PM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by Dorlese_D on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:36:50 AM

tmac5454 wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Hello @tmac5454! Yes, all of our smartphones require a data plan. Visit our device center here to see the contract and plan requirements for the Atrix HD. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

tmac5454 wrote:

Thanks for the help!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Potential switch from Motorola Atrix 4G to Atrix HD

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,715 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2013 7:53:37 AM
(0)
Scholar
But he shouldn't have to switch plans, should he? The current plan he has for his Atrix 4G should still work for the Atrix HD, right?
But he shouldn't have to switch plans, should he? The current plan he has for his Atrix 4G should still work for the Atrix HD, right?

3 of 4 (1,687 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 8:51:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
There should be no need to switch data plans. The switch from an Android to another Android phone should not affect the data plan type.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

There should be no need to switch data plans. The switch from an Android to another Android phone should not affect the data plan type.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,665 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments