The Samsung Galaxy S24
tmac5454's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 28th, 2012 5:01 PM

Potential switch from Motorola Atrix 4G to Atrix HD

I own a Motorola Atrix 4G and have a friend who is switching from his Atrix HD to the iPhone. I am interested in potentially purchasing the HD from him but got to wondering...

When I switched from a Blackberry to the Atrix 4G, I was required to purchase the 4G data Plan (4 GB) that went along with it, no big deal.

My question now: If I switch to the Atrix HD, will I be required to switch Data Plans as well?

Thanks for the help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@tmac5454 wrote:

I own a Motorola Atrix 4G and have a friend who is switching from his Atrix HD to the iPhone. I am interested in potentially purchasing the HD from him but got to wondering...

When I switched from a Blackberry to the Atrix 4G, I was required to purchase the 4G data Plan (4 GB) that went along with it, no big deal.

My question now: If I switch to the Atrix HD, will I be required to switch Data Plans as well?

Thanks for the help!

@hello @tmac5454! Yes, all of our smartphones require a data plan. Visit our device center here to see the contract and plan requirements for the Atrix HD. 

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

But he shouldn't have to switch plans, should he? The current plan he has for his Atrix 4G should still work for the Atrix HD, right?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

There should be no need to switch data plans. The switch from an Android to another Android phone should not affect the data plan type.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.