Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 7, 2013
10:38:03 AM
Phone size vs. Man's pocket Moto X/Moto G

Although I would like a phone with a slightly bigger screen (currently I have a 3.5 inch screen), I also want to fit the phone in my front pocket in my jeans.  In Moto X is 4.7 inch screen size.  Say what?

How does the Moto X or Moto G or any other Andriod phones fit into a man's jean pocket?

I haven't gone to the store yet, I will soon though, but the phones at the store are locked down, so I can't put it my pocket to see if it is comfortable.  (Probally a good reason for why the stores don't want phones to be put in pockets, but anyways).

Are there good andriod phones that have a nice screen size, but are also comfortable in the pocket? 

Although I would like a phone with a slightly bigger screen (currently I have a 3.5 inch screen), I also want to fit the phone in my front pocket in my jeans.  In Moto X is 4.7 inch screen size.  Say what?

How does the Moto X or Moto G or any other Andriod phones fit into a man's jean pocket?

I haven't gone to the store yet, I will soon though, but the phones at the store are locked down, so I can't put it my pocket to see if it is comfortable.  (Probally a good reason for why the stores don't want phones to be put in pockets, but anyways).

Are there good andriod phones that have a nice screen size, but are also comfortable in the pocket? 

Phone size vs. Man's pocket Moto X/Moto G

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 12:43:44 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, cellnewbie09!

Thanks for posting. I totally understand your concern about having a small enough phone that it fits in your pocket without sacrificing screen size. However, the trend, lately, has been leaning towards larger phones. I'm not sure that there's really anything that would fit those specific needs.

Have you considered perhaps a phone case that clips to your belt?

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, cellnewbie09!

Thanks for posting. I totally understand your concern about having a small enough phone that it fits in your pocket without sacrificing screen size. However, the trend, lately, has been leaning towards larger phones. I'm not sure that there's really anything that would fit those specific needs.

Have you considered perhaps a phone case that clips to your belt?

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Phone size vs. Man's pocket Moto X/Moto G

2 of 8 (5,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2014 8:39:00 AM
(0)
Scholar

Been using a Moto G 4G LTE and loving it. It's easy to fit in my front pocket and comfortable to hold.

Been using a Moto G 4G LTE and loving it. It's easy to fit in my front pocket and comfortable to hold.

3 of 8 (384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2014 6:10:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I have a note 3 - fits easily in front pocket of jeans. Basically if you can breath wearing your pants most phablets will fit with ease. They're thin.

I have a note 3 - fits easily in front pocket of jeans. Basically if you can breath wearing your pants most phablets will fit with ease. They're thin.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2014 2:55:04 AM
(0)
Employee

Wow, a Note 3 in front pocket?  My Samsung S5 (5.1 inch screen) in case, feels pretty large in my front pocket.  I would definitely advise wearing loose fitting jeans to allow your phone breathing room so it doesn't overheat.  Anything that is in the neighborhood of 4 to 4.7 inches should be appropriate for that.  And anything in that range should fit your standard size shirt pocket as well.

Wow, a Note 3 in front pocket?  My Samsung S5 (5.1 inch screen) in case, feels pretty large in my front pocket.  I would definitely advise wearing loose fitting jeans to allow your phone breathing room so it doesn't overheat.  Anything that is in the neighborhood of 4 to 4.7 inches should be appropriate for that.  And anything in that range should fit your standard size shirt pocket as well.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 8 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2014 5:39:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

scorpdog93 wrote:

I think it's the case. You should try it without a case, you'd be suprised how much the thinness helps Smiley Happy

scorpdog93 wrote:

I think it's the case. You should try it without a case, you'd be suprised how much the thinness helps Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2016 3:31:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

My problem with the belt clip is you look like a vunt.

My problem with the belt clip is you look like a vunt.

7 of 8 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2016 3:47:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The phones are so thin that I would worry about cracking the screen.

But, I am rather fond of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.  But you have to add a battery pack until it is upgraded to Marshmallow.

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information

The phones are so thin that I would worry about cracking the screen.

But, I am rather fond of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.  But you have to add a battery pack until it is upgraded to Marshmallow.

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information.

8 of 8 (45 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments