The Samsung Galaxy S24
cellnewbie09's profile

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

Saturday, December 7th, 2013 6:38 PM

Phone size vs. Man's pocket Moto X/Moto G

Although I would like a phone with a slightly bigger screen (currently I have a 3.5 inch screen), I also want to fit the phone in my front pocket in my jeans.  In Moto X is 4.7 inch screen size.  Say what?

How does the Moto X or Moto G or any other Andriod phones fit into a man's jean pocket?

I haven't gone to the store yet, I will soon though, but the phones at the store are locked down, so I can't put it my pocket to see if it is comfortable.  (Probally a good reason for why the stores don't want phones to be put in pockets, but anyways).

Are there good andriod phones that have a nice screen size, but are also comfortable in the pocket? 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, cellnewbie09!

Thanks for posting. I totally understand your concern about having a small enough phone that it fits in your pocket without sacrificing screen size. However, the trend, lately, has been leaning towards larger phones. I'm not sure that there's really anything that would fit those specific needs.

Have you considered perhaps a phone case that clips to your belt?

-Mariana

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

Been using a Moto G 4G LTE and loving it. It's easy to fit in my front pocket and comfortable to hold.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

I have a note 3 - fits easily in front pocket of jeans. Basically if you can breath wearing your pants most phablets will fit with ease. They're thin.

Former Employee

• 

52 Messages

10 years ago

Wow, a Note 3 in front pocket?  My Samsung S5 (5.1 inch screen) in case, feels pretty large in my front pocket.  I would definitely advise wearing loose fitting jeans to allow your phone breathing room so it doesn't overheat.  Anything that is in the neighborhood of 4 to 4.7 inches should be appropriate for that.  And anything in that range should fit your standard size shirt pocket as well.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

@scorpdog93 wrote:

Wow, a Note 3 in front pocket?  My Samsung S5 (5.1 inch screen) in case, feels pretty large in my front pocket.  I would definitely advise wearing loose fitting jeans to allow your phone breathing room so it doesn't overheat.  Anything that is in the neighborhood of 4 to 4.7 inches should be appropriate for that.  And anything in that range should fit your standard size shirt pocket as well.

I think it's the case. You should try it without a case, you'd be suprised how much the thinness helps 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My problem with the belt clip is you look like a vunt.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

The phones are so thin that I would worry about cracking the screen.

But, I am rather fond of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.  But you have to add a battery pack until it is upgraded to Marshmallow.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.