The Samsung Galaxy S24
David Russell's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 3:11 PM

Phone keeps rebooting.

My Atrix phone keeps rebooting. Does anyone have the same problem ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I had this issue for the past couple of days. The first day, it rebooted itself about every 2-3 hours, but yesterday it was happening once or more an hour.

Last night, I opened it up to see if I could find something loose or any signs of damage. It looked fine. However, even though it has not been in contact with water, I decided to see if letting it air out would help.

So, I tool the SIM card, memory card and battery out and sat itl, inside up, on a flat surface and let a fan blow on it all night - about 9 hours.

This morning, I put everything back together around 7:00 a.m. It's now 3:30 p.m. and it has not rebooted once!

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

12 years ago

I have heard from other forums that juice defender causing issues, so it may be a battery app causing reboots. Just an idea...

Scholar

• 

192 Messages

12 years ago

I had a Samsung Solstice 2 quick messaging phone that rebooted on my twice earlier this year when I went to visit family out of state.  When I came back home, the issue stopped.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Usually this happens when there is too much memory being overused used, the phone would restart itself to clean up memory (It happened on my GS2)...check and see what app is taking the most memory and kill it or stop it from automatically running if you dont need it

You can check from Settings -> Application Manager - Running

I found out that a certain app was causing it to restart so I uninstalled it and my phone never restarted again

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Mine is doing it daily.   I am getting rid of this atrix as soon as my 2 years are up in May. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Starting to drive me nuts. 15-20 times per day.SAMSUNG G NOTE 2
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.