The Samsung Galaxy S24
12Chris34's profile

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

Sunday, December 23rd, 2012 1:18 AM

Phone contacts

Just about all of my phone contacts now have duplicate entries. One with a earmarked page lookin thing with a yellow thingamajig doohicky deelymabob. What's the deal with this?

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

how....vague.

you're probably showing contacts from multiple accounts, like google, facebook, etc. Just filter them.

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

11 years ago

How vague - "Just filter them"

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

What are you looking for...step by step instructions? You haven't even listed what device you're using.

Like I said. Vague.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

What device you are even talking about would help.

And "thingamajig doohicky deelymabob" doesn't help either.

If you go into the settings or menu while in Contacts, you should see options to filter them.  But exactly how to do it varies by device.

Also, it would help if you described where the contacts are from (SIM, Gmail, etc.).  Having the contact info on the phone memory or SIM, and also Gmail it probably the most common cause of duplicate contacts.

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you. I should have paid more attention to the forum I was posting in. I think AT&T used to have forums for each specific phone/device.

I have the Samsung Galaxy SII, I think I did find the "Contacts to Display" filter with your helpful hints.

I'm still not quite sure how they got sorted into the various accounts, SIM card, and phone

Apologies for the misunderstandings.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.