The Samsung Galaxy S24
Luahna's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 7:01 PM

Phone absolutely crashed. Tried restarting, removing batter, removing sd/sims and replacing, no avai

The text "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." The only option is "OK". If i select it, then it just pops up again, only a second time between, can't select anything else, can't swipe, nothing. Please help

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

8 years ago

Can you tell us what phone you have?

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Factory reset the phone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

huawei y536a1

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I'd try booting into safe mode (this will hopefully get around phone process crash), and run a backup.

At this point, you have options, the most obvious of which is to reset, but either way, you have a backup, so you don't have to start from scratch, after you're back up and running.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

It's an issue with a built in application and you'll need to factory reset to fix it. It's Google Play Services, Google App, or something of that nature.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@David606 Agreed, something has gotten corrupted, but I'd sure get into safe mode, run a backup, and probably wipe the cache partition, before I just bailed, and did a full reset.

Part of it depends, @Luahna how much do you have on the phone right now, that would be difficult to recover?  If the answer is "nothing", well then the factory reset is probably the best option.

If the answer is "a lot of stuff", or "some stuff", particularly photos not on a microSD card, well then I'd be clearing the cache partition and running a backup, after booting into safe mode.

It could be that simply clearing your cache solves it as well.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I did a full factory reset, the message continues to pop up 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Also, wifi has been completely disaibled. The option to turn it on isn't functional. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.