The Samsung Galaxy S24
carlosbuka's profile

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

Thursday, June 6th, 2013 1:29 PM

Petition for the release of the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S 3 (SGH-I747)

We "The Customers" demand the release or an exact date for the release of the 4.1.2 Jelly bean Update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747). Since these petitions are ignored apart from an occasional patronizing and inane political statement amounting to nothing more than a condescending pat on the head, we the signers would enjoy a rapid response from AT&T. Since AT&T and its representative have failed to provided any information on such matter, we demand that AT&T immediately assign a CSR or any other representative with a vapid response to this petition, and never attempt to take any meaningful action on this or any other issue. We would also like a cookie.

Signed,

The Customers

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello all!  Please click Premium Suite Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update to see our update on this topic.  Thanks so much.  ~Delia

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Post the statment on the Link below. ATTDelia is contradicting. Read page 8 

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Android-4-1-2-Jelly-Bean-Update-For-AT-amp-T...

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Contributor
emierlak

Re: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update For AT&T Galaxy S3: Premium Suite

‎06-20-2013 07:01:42 AM

After filing a Better Business Bureau complaint, I received a call from the "Office of the President" (I assume this is just their call center).  While he stated that he is not authorized to make official statements, the 4.1.2 update isn't even on the radar right now.  He alluded that this update wasn't coming and has been abandoned by AT&T.  He also implied they are now working on 4.2. 

That being said, looks like it's time for a new thread on when/if we'll get 4.2.  Why do I have the feeling we'll all be asking when we'll get 4.2 in December?

Message 229 of 231 (97 Views)

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

@ATTDelia wrote:

Hello all!  Please click Premium Suite Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update to see our update on this topic.  Thanks so much.  ~Delia

That is not an update on the status.  That is hashing out scripted lines of nothing.  Obviously you have to work with Samsung to get the update since it is a Samsung phone.  It does not take a genius to figure that out.  Every carrier, big and small, has the update to 4.1.2, some with Premium Suite, except for AT&T.  Not once has anyone given an answer regarding issues arising or when a possible release date might be.  If you can update similar generation phones with 4.1.2 or better and your old generations such as the Note and S2 Skyroctket (both Samsung products by the way) then what is the issue.  If old phones get newer software surely you can understand why people are unhappy about the obvious lack of customer appreciation.

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

**** Hello all! Please click Premium Suite Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update to see our update on this topic. Thanks so much. ~Delia ****

This is not an answer. It's just a link to another forum of more angry customers. CSR should read first before posting mistakes like this. It's seems that they do not read our post. You should know better.

The only time I hear something from At&t is when they edit or remove our posts. 🙂

Scholar

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

"Hello all!  Please click Premium Suite Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update to see our lack of an update and lots of customers complaining on this topic.  Thanks so much.  ~Delia"

Hi Delia,

I fixed your statement for you.

Thank you,

Keith

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

Smiley Very Happy HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

Is this a gimmick??? Is the update out already??? I tried and nothing.....

http://www.blanksuniverse.ca/2013/06/android-412-update-on-samsung-galaxy.html#more

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

11 years ago

It's for the Canada i747, which is identical, and is on Bell (identical to AT&T technology wise), so the only "testing" excuse AT&T has left is their bloatware apps...

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

This is crazy, literally every carrier has updated their version of the Galaxy S 3 except At&t.  And At&t doesn't even care enought to say "he guys we are working on it".  Wow, really thought I was winning by having At&t as my cell phone carrier.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.