Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 12, 2013
4:05:41 PM
View profile
Personalizing Text Message Sender

Does anyone know how to personalize sender for text messages so it doesn't say "ME"? I get replies saying "who's this?" 

Does anyone know how to personalize sender for text messages so it doesn't say "ME"? I get replies saying "who's this?" 

Personalizing Text Message Sender

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 7:10:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

If the recipient has your phone number and name in their phone contacts, your name should come up as the SMS sender when you send them an SMS.

Are you sure it says "ME"?  This isn't normal, as far as I am aware.  If they don't have your name and number in their contacts, your phone number should just be listed as the sender.  Are you blocking Caller ID, by any chance?

I don't believe Android uses header information for SMS.  The most you can do, is add a signature (usually can be found in your SMS app's settings).  But this is really just a part of the SMS text, so it uses up part of your 160 characters.

If the recipient has your phone number and name in their phone contacts, your name should come up as the SMS sender when you send them an SMS.

Are you sure it says "ME"?  This isn't normal, as far as I am aware.  If they don't have your name and number in their contacts, your phone number should just be listed as the sender.  Are you blocking Caller ID, by any chance?

I don't believe Android uses header information for SMS.  The most you can do, is add a signature (usually can be found in your SMS app's settings).  But this is really just a part of the SMS text, so it uses up part of your 160 characters.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Personalizing Text Message Sender

2 of 2 (3,118 Views)