Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 22, 2012
6:13:44 PM
View profile
Pantech Impact Bug: Text Messages Displayed Weirdly?

So I've had my phone(the pantech impact) a little over two years. Yesterday I was texting a friend and all the texts I sent weren't below the corresponding text, but all the way at the top of the screen, so it looks like my friend is texting herself over and over again. I tried turning my phone off and then turning it back on but it still doesn't fix the text display. Are there ways to fix that or do I have to get a new phone?

So I've had my phone(the pantech impact) a little over two years. Yesterday I was texting a friend and all the texts I sent weren't below the corresponding text, but all the way at the top of the screen, so it looks like my friend is texting herself over and over again. I tried turning my phone off and then turning it back on but it still doesn't fix the text display. Are there ways to fix that or do I have to get a new phone?

Pantech Impact Bug: Text Messages Displayed Weirdly?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2012 7:02:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

I've started seeing lots of these issues being reporting by many people, thinking its a software bug, same issue is happening to me. All messages are sent as yesterday, so they show up above the new ones.

I've started seeing lots of these issues being reporting by many people, thinking its a software bug, same issue is happening to me. All messages are sent as yesterday, so they show up above the new ones.

Re: Pantech Impact Bug: Text Messages Displayed Weirdly?

2 of 6 (1,117 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2012 7:04:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

Oh. Is it happening to most phones or just the pantech impact?

Oh. Is it happening to most phones or just the pantech impact?

3 of 6 (1,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2012 5:02:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Only pantach, but sounds like more than one model is affected. I'm on the 7040. The pantech facebook page has a few reports too.

Only pantach, but sounds like more than one model is affected. I'm on the 7040. The pantech facebook page has a few reports too.

4 of 6 (1,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2012 5:17:49 AM
(0)
Tutor
Good news this bug is a temporary device sw problem ( Between Dec 21, 2012 and Dec 31, 2012), and it would be solved without any update ( reset or sw upgrade), you can confirm by change time, from Jan 1, 2013 it working well.
Good news this bug is a temporary device sw problem ( Between Dec 21, 2012 and Dec 31, 2012), and it would be solved without any update ( reset or sw upgrade), you can confirm by change time, from Jan 1, 2013 it working well.

5 of 6 (813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2012 10:02:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Oh okay! That's good. Smiley Happy

Is there a way to lock this thread?

Oh okay! That's good. Smiley Happy

Is there a way to lock this thread?

6 of 6 (794 Views)