Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 18, 2012
6:39:02 PM
View profile
Pantech Element will not charge or turn on

I've had my Pantech Element tablet for about a month and had 0 issues.  I was able to charge successfully a few times.  This past week I've not been able to charge this tablet!  I've tried multiple outlets and charging via the USB connection to my laptop.  The indicator light will not turn on either.  So frustrating!

I've had my Pantech Element tablet for about a month and had 0 issues.  I was able to charge successfully a few times.  This past week I've not been able to charge this tablet!  I've tried multiple outlets and charging via the USB connection to my laptop.  The indicator light will not turn on either.  So frustrating!

Pantech Element will not charge or turn on

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 9:07:17 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have had the same problem. I purchased mine 03-02-12 and approximately 2 1/2 weeks later...it would not turn on. I was given another's one...was told it appeared to be a glitch with the battery. Well, here it is approximately a week and a half later...and I have the same problem. So very very DISAPPOINTED! Now to see what AT&T is going to do about it this time.
I have had the same problem. I purchased mine 03-02-12 and approximately 2 1/2 weeks later...it would not turn on. I was given another's one...was told it appeared to be a glitch with the battery. Well, here it is approximately a week and a half later...and I have the same problem. So very very DISAPPOINTED! Now to see what AT&T is going to do about it this time.

Re: Pantech Element will not charge or turn on

2 of 4 (17,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2012 1:26:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

there is a glitch in the battery. to solve this problem, all you have to do is hold down the volume buttons and wait for it to reboot.

there is a glitch in the battery. to solve this problem, all you have to do is hold down the volume buttons and wait for it to reboot.

3 of 4 (17,637 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2012 3:34:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

From my call to Pantech tech support just now:  (1)  with the charger UNPLUGGED, simultaneously hold down both the up and down volume buttons for 20 seconds.  If that doesn't work, (2) with the charger PLUGGED in, press the power button for 5+ seconds - release it once the Pantech logo comes up.  Then it will boot up as usual.  (#2 worked for me).  Evidently, it's a software crash.  Good luck.

From my call to Pantech tech support just now:  (1)  with the charger UNPLUGGED, simultaneously hold down both the up and down volume buttons for 20 seconds.  If that doesn't work, (2) with the charger PLUGGED in, press the power button for 5+ seconds - release it once the Pantech logo comes up.  Then it will boot up as usual.  (#2 worked for me).  Evidently, it's a software crash.  Good luck.

4 of 4 (16,031 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments