The Samsung Galaxy S24
AshleyBaugh's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 2nd, 2012 6:25 PM

Pantech Burst problems

I have a Pantech Burst running Android 4.0.4.  The phone itself is beautiful.  It has a Super AMOLED screen and a high res camera.  I had the phone for a little under a month when I had to have it replaced.  The battery life and call quality have always been poor, but tolerable.  About a week after I had the phone, everyone I was talking to started complaining that they couldn't hear me or that they would call me and I would never answer.  I assumed the problem was that I had bad reception in my house, even though my phone would show full signal in my house.  There would also be times when my phone would be silent for hours and all of a sudden I would be bombarded with missed calls, text messages, emails, and voicemails.  After dealing with this for a few weeks I called AT&T and ordered a replacement device.  I've had the replacement device for about a week now and it seems to be worst than the original device.  I spoke to a supervisor today and he said that policy stated that if I wanted a replacement device, it would have to be the same make and model.  I told him that was unacceptable.  I currently have 5 lines with AT&T and I told him that I would cancel my contract if they were unwilling to resolve this issue.  He made a case for me and sent it to his managers and I now waiting for a response as to whether or not they will replace my device with a different one.

Has anyone else had this problem with their device?  I would really hate to leave AT&T, but I refuse to pay almost $300 a month for my lines and not be able to use one of them.  I have looked on eBay and Craigslist, but I don't feel I should have to buy another phone with my own money when my current device is obviously defective.  I am currently awaiting the decision from the managers in the warranty department.  Any advice?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

The policy is as the rep stated to you:  after 30 days from the original purchase, you can only get a replacement of the same model phone.  But I have heard of them making exceptions, and letting some customers switch to a new phone.  Particularly if you have multiple lines, long time customer, and threaten to leave.

FWIW, I've always considered Pantech phones to be merely "ok", and a bit cheap.  Every phone has the possibility of defects, but I'd recommend Samsung or HTC. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hi! I completely understand that a replacement device is of the same make and model, but I think they should be able to make exceptions.  I have been with AT&T for a while and currently have multiple lines.  I do not want to change providers, but I do want to be able to use my phone whenever I want.  I am sure that they can do something to resolve this issue. 

On a side note, I have never owned a Samsung phone, but I have owned a HTC and I LOVE them.  I think they are built beautifully and they run flawlessly.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the same exact problem right now! I bought my phone in October/November. My phone worked fine until a month and a half after and I started having one problem after another. Even to the point of being on the phone with att customer service and just looking up my software version and it managed to call 911! They sent me a warranty replacement phone and it is just as bad if not worse!!! Yesterday my mother in law called at 9am no call on my phone and it didn't give me the voicemail until noon! Then my husband tried to call my phone and he was sitting right next to me, my phone would not ring, my brother tried calling same thing. It's stupid! I called up to find out my options, and they wanted me to renew a contract and use an upgrade on a line on my account that is out of contract! I said why would I do that when I am having these problems that can not be resolved. I am trying a new sim card, And if it doesn't work they want me to go to a device support center. If I am still having problems after that, I may just go to a different provider. My other line will be out of contract soon, and the only contract I will have is this one line I just recently upgraded. I hope they fixed your issues! I am still fighting with them on mine.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have experienced recently the same problem with this phone, had it replace once already, still the same problem, customer service won't exchange for a different device, just decided to use a non smartphone and pay less for service, I will not pay full price on another phone, ATT should simply remove this phone from thier site and stores, phone simply does not work for phone calls.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

11 years ago

have not had any problems with my gf's Burst.  there was a period of calls and texts not coming through but it seems that was isolated to a network problem in our area.  however, last summer on a previous device of mine, i had multiple issues and was informed by AT&T tech support that there's a sort of unwritten internal warrantee policy that they will make you go through 3 replacements before moving on to replacing your device with a similar model.  maybe just keep sending it in? i only had to send my other device in twice but then ended up using upgrade eligibility for a new phone all together (it's a long story...)

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

It's a shame that ATT or another retailer sold you this junk brand phone.

Don't wait, call them every other day and state the best case for yourself like your a long term customer with no late payments, and a non-functional phone. Save the trouble next time and buy from a higher quality brand less prone to defects and poor performance. Certain phones from Samsung,HTC, Nokia are good places to look.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I wonder if it has to do with the OS? My Burst worked just fine until I upgraded to Android 4.0.4. After the upgrade, I am experience the same problems you are.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I didn't have problems with the pantech verse..

http://www.xamb.com/2013/03/31/pantech-verse-ideal-for-texting/
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.