Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 26, 2012
2:25:45 PM
View profile
Pantech Burst echo

I recently upgraded from my defective Samsung Captivate, which was still under warranty but Samsung said it wasn't and refused to fix it, to a Pantech Burst. The first one had a pink moisture indicator before I even used the phone.  The next one has an annoying echo to incoming callers and most people will no longer call me because it's so bad.  AT&T says they won't replace it because they just replaced the first one I upgraded to.  They told me they were aware of the problem with the echo and a fix was in order... but when?  It's been a couple of months already.  This is not the kind of service you would expect for a customer that has 9 cell phones on two accounts, but it's getting worse. 

Tim

I recently upgraded from my defective Samsung Captivate, which was still under warranty but Samsung said it wasn't and refused to fix it, to a Pantech Burst. The first one had a pink moisture indicator before I even used the phone.  The next one has an annoying echo to incoming callers and most people will no longer call me because it's so bad.  AT&T says they won't replace it because they just replaced the first one I upgraded to.  They told me they were aware of the problem with the echo and a fix was in order... but when?  It's been a couple of months already.  This is not the kind of service you would expect for a customer that has 9 cell phones on two accounts, but it's getting worse. 

Tim

Pantech Burst echo

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 9:06:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

The update for the Pantech Burst echo fix has recently been released as a rolling update, a temporary fix is to remove your case from the phone if you are unable to install the update immediately.

The update for the Pantech Burst echo fix has recently been released as a rolling update, a temporary fix is to remove your case from the phone if you are unable to install the update immediately.

Re: Pantech Burst echo

2 of 11 (6,498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 8:36:51 AM
(0)
Scholar
Thanks, we'll give it a try.
Thanks, we'll give it a try.

3 of 11 (6,488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2012 9:01:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

My wife recently upgraded to the Pantech Burst and has the same problem. I could hear an echo when I called her, but she did not hear an echo on this phone. She originally put a heavy duty case on the phone when she acquired it and the dealer told her that it was probably due to the case. Even without the case we experience this same problem most of  the time. By chance, we discovered that by her turning on the speaker phone and then off again, the problem cleared. I can imagine that the speaker phone sound might affect the noise cancellation behavior to change it in such away in that call session that the echo went away. The echo would return on subsequent calls, but can be cleared consistently by toggling the speakerphone on and then off. Noise suppression on or off did not resolve the problem. 

My wife recently upgraded to the Pantech Burst and has the same problem. I could hear an echo when I called her, but she did not hear an echo on this phone. She originally put a heavy duty case on the phone when she acquired it and the dealer told her that it was probably due to the case. Even without the case we experience this same problem most of  the time. By chance, we discovered that by her turning on the speaker phone and then off again, the problem cleared. I can imagine that the speaker phone sound might affect the noise cancellation behavior to change it in such away in that call session that the echo went away. The echo would return on subsequent calls, but can be cleared consistently by toggling the speakerphone on and then off. Noise suppression on or off did not resolve the problem. 

4 of 11 (6,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2012 4:27:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

Check your phone for software updates from AT&T.  I downloaded the most recent and it fixed the problem.

Check your phone for software updates from AT&T.  I downloaded the most recent and it fixed the problem.

5 of 11 (6,407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2012 7:34:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

How can I get this update?  I just got the phone over the weekend and I am experiencing the same problem after buying a very expensive case, of course.

How can I get this update?  I just got the phone over the weekend and I am experiencing the same problem after buying a very expensive case, of course.

6 of 11 (5,998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2012 7:47:45 AM
(0)
Scholar

I believe I downloaded on the phone... I don't have the phone with me, but it's somewhere in Settings | About | Updates or in status or somewhere...  I clicked on check for updates, it showed it and I downloaded it.

I believe I downloaded on the phone... I don't have the phone with me, but it's somewhere in Settings | About | Updates or in status or somewhere...  I clicked on check for updates, it showed it and I downloaded it.

7 of 11 (5,995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2012 6:47:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have had this phone for one week.  I have not put any other case on it; it is just as it came.  I have the same issue- I don't hear an echo, but the person I am talking to complains about it.  As of now, the phone says there are no updates available.

I have had this phone for one week.  I have not put any other case on it; it is just as it came.  I have the same issue- I don't hear an echo, but the person I am talking to complains about it.  As of now, the phone says there are no updates available.

8 of 11 (5,962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2012 6:58:49 PM
(0)
Scholar

If it's AT&T, I'd call tech support, the fix has been in for a while.  If it can't be fixed, they should issue a replacement.  Ours was intolerable.

If it's AT&T, I'd call tech support, the fix has been in for a while.  If it can't be fixed, they should issue a replacement.  Ours was intolerable.

9 of 11 (5,960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2012 1:59:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

Were you referring to AT&T software update in the settings menu? That was all I could find to try.  I really like the phone other than this annoying issue. It happened occasionally when I got it, but now seems to happen on every call.

Were you referring to AT&T software update in the settings menu? That was all I could find to try.  I really like the phone other than this annoying issue. It happened occasionally when I got it, but now seems to happen on every call.

10 of 11 (5,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2013 10:48:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

ive  had the same problem with my pantech burst, but i found a solution that has worked perfect so far.

look at the back of your burst, next to the camera flash there should be a small pin hole, this is the microphone (not sure why its there) take the back cover off your phone and cover the microphone with a small piece of paper, i used two little pieces and it works perfect. i assume the problems is that this microphone picks up the sound of the caller and plays it back

its  a crude solution but simple and free, hope this helps!

ive  had the same problem with my pantech burst, but i found a solution that has worked perfect so far.

look at the back of your burst, next to the camera flash there should be a small pin hole, this is the microphone (not sure why its there) take the back cover off your phone and cover the microphone with a small piece of paper, i used two little pieces and it works perfect. i assume the problems is that this microphone picks up the sound of the caller and plays it back

its  a crude solution but simple and free, hope this helps!

11 of 11 (3,370 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments