For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Closingracer's profile

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

Saturday, August 10th, 2013 3:04 PM

Closed

Package File is invalid? ( updating apps on google play store)

I recently had an issue with my new samsung galaxy s4 where the screen wouldnt shut off while it was charging so i factory reset and was updating apps and a bunch of them said package file is invalid. It also said it on my old Gs3 as well. Is there any fix around this or i have to keep on trying?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

This is the Google Play Store at fault. Google is aware of the issue and did not release a fix date. 

http://www.androidauthority.com/package-file-invalid-error-255360/

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

I have the HTC One and also the Samsung G3 that's having the same issues. I am searching other forums to see if anyone knows more about it. So far there is not much.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

11 years ago

Well from what i read at XDA people there think it is a Google play store issue ... Quite annoying i can't load my apps on my new Gs4 right now

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

Most of mine worked today. I wonder how long it will take to fix the issue?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Went into AT&T yesterday to pick a new phone, and one of the employees said they've been having issues with the play store. It seems to be affecting specific apps, and google is aware of the issue. They said it should hopefully be resolved within 2 days. Hope this helps.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

I feel like this is an ATT issue once again.  My friend's Galaxy s3 (Verizon) was able to download a game while another friend and I (Both Galaxy s3 on ATT) could not.  We both had the invalid package file error.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Have any of you tried clearing your Play Store app's cache and app data?

If that does nothing, try uninstalling updates.

Make sure auto-restore is off in your settings before trying either of these options, and always reboot afterwards.

Hope this helps. Personally, I'm not experiencing any of this on any of my Android devices.

Explorer

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

I saw where someone with the optimus g is having the same issue.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

11 years ago

This is a brand new gs4 that this is happening with
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.