Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 22, 2013
8:14:27 PM
View profile
PLEASE HELP!!!
I have a HTC one x & an HTC aria. I'm wanting to be able to switch between them with one sim card. But my main question is I put my husbands att card in my aria to see if it would work since its a regular sized sim card. But when I put it in, it detects all my contacts & everything but I can't pick up our att service. It is an active sim so card so what could be goin on, how can I fix it???
I have a HTC one x & an HTC aria. I'm wanting to be able to switch between them with one sim card. But my main question is I put my husbands att card in my aria to see if it would work since its a regular sized sim card. But when I put it in, it detects all my contacts & everything but I can't pick up our att service. It is an active sim so card so what could be goin on, how can I fix it???

PLEASE HELP!!!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2013 10:17:21 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hi Kerimorris73,

Thank You for your Post.  Check out the link below for information on how to use a Sim Card in several different phones.  If this link doesn't prove helpful to you, Please send a Private Message to our AT&T CustomerCare Team by following the other link below.  Please include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to be reached.  A Representative will contact you within 48 hours.  Thanks again for your Post.

Sim Cards

Private Message

Hi Kerimorris73,

Thank You for your Post.  Check out the link below for information on how to use a Sim Card in several different phones.  If this link doesn't prove helpful to you, Please send a Private Message to our AT&T CustomerCare Team by following the other link below.  Please include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to be reached.  A Representative will contact you within 48 hours.  Thanks again for your Post.

Sim Cards

Private Message

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

2 of 3 (2,064 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2013 10:46:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Apr 9, 2013 at 10:47:37 AM

What device does your husband have, and how old is the SIM?

Just one guess on what the problem is:  If its a newer device with LTE, it uses a different APN, and it might not work properly with an older phone (that does not LTE).

Why would you want to swap between a One X and a Aria?  The hardware on the Aria is obsolete to the point that a One X should make you not want to go near it anymore, lol.

If its carrying the larger One X that bothers you, don't worry.  You get used to the size in a hurry.  At least I did, and now much prefer it to smaller phones.  Just so much easier to read and navigate the touch screen on a larger device.

What device does your husband have, and how old is the SIM?

Just one guess on what the problem is:  If its a newer device with LTE, it uses a different APN, and it might not work properly with an older phone (that does not LTE).

Why would you want to swap between a One X and a Aria?  The hardware on the Aria is obsolete to the point that a One X should make you not want to go near it anymore, lol.

If its carrying the larger One X that bothers you, don't worry.  You get used to the size in a hurry.  At least I did, and now much prefer it to smaller phones.  Just so much easier to read and navigate the touch screen on a larger device.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (2,049 Views)