Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Out of service area

Contributor

Out of service area

I just unlocked my phone and now I'm trying to use a different SIM card and it is saying out of service area and I don't know how to fix it. If I can get some help that would be awesome

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Out of service area

i would contact the provider of the sim card you have service through but a little more info would help , like was it an at&t phone unlocked? also not all phones are compatible with all providers regardless of being unlocked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Yes it was an at&t phone
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

@Henry101

This isn’t a phone problem, it’s a carrier problem. What SIM card for what carrier?   The simple answer is you have no service because you aren’t within a coverage area.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support