For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
SOMISS's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, November 2nd, 2018 1:36 PM

Oukitel WP2

I recently purchased an Oukitel WP2 on a whim. Last year I was working in Mexico regularly and one of my coworkers was from Newfoundland. He had gotten an Oukitel K10000 and it worked great in Mexico and in Canada. Prior to me getting an international plan with AT&T I was using a local SIM card as well as my coworker through Telcel which is basically the same freqs/bands as AT&T. So when this WP2 was on a presale, I did some quick research as for compatibility and bought one. Now that I have my hands on it and put my SIM in it, it doesn't seem all that compatible with AT&T after all as it will not acknowledge the SIM when installed. When I checked the IMEI number on the AT&T website using my iPhone, it says "Your device is compatible, but we are unable to find the correct SIM card." But when I check the same number on the same site on my PC, it says "We are unable to determine whether your device is compatible. For further assistance, please call Customer Service at 800.331.0500 or use our store locator to find the AT&T store nearest you. "

Several of the freqs/bands are compatible but not all. What did I miss when initially researching? Do I have a $200 mini tablet now or can I possibly get a prepaid from another vendor?

Where I got it and specs provided?

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009831458778.html

2G: GSM
3G: WCDMA B1 2100MHz,WCDMA B8 900MHz
Network type: FDD-LTE,GSM,WCDMA
WIFI: 2.4G/5G WiFi,802.11a/b/g/n wireless internet
Wireless Connectivity: 3G,4G,Bluetooth 4.0,GPS,GSM,LTE,NFC,WiFi
4G LTE: FDD B1 2100MHz,FDD B20 800MHz,FDD B3 1800MHz,FDD B7 2600MHz,FDD B8 900MH

More WP2 specs:  https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/6a514bf7

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

You need 850/1900 wcdma bands for ATT that phones does not have those.  Att has no 2g network anymore so voice is done on the 3g network unless you have a att branded phone or iphone and its done on the LTE network.

That phone has NONE of ATT's LTE bands  att uses 2,4,5,12/17,29,30,66

the phone is not made for the USA so it wont work on any us carrier.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for a quick reply. That is what I was afraid of after trying my SIM. Weird how the previous model my coworker was using that had the same bands was fine in Mexico and Canada. I suppose that he was connected via 2G in Mexico. Looks like Canada supports some LTE for it as well. 

Looks like I've got a $200 battery bank that has as baby tablet attached to it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.