The Samsung Galaxy S24
whataburger's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, June 24th, 2016 4:00 AM

Oneplus with new ATT SIM card unable to use LTE/4G

A phone Oneplus with new ATT SIM card unable to use LTE/4G , the IMEI number is [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]. No LTE connecting fot it but only 3G .

what happen to this situation ?

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @whataburger, is your phone the OnePlus 3 or a different OnePlus model?

Assuming it's the OnePlus 3, do you happen to know if you ended up with the North American model or somehow may have ended up with the Europe/Asia model?

Looking at the specs, the NA model supports LTE bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 12/17, 30, which should cover you on the AT&T network. The E/A model however has LTE bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, and 40 which would not cover any of AT&T's bands (2, 4, 12/17, and 30). The China model also only has bands 1, 3, 7, 38, 39, 40, and 41, so it also wouldn't have any of the AT&T LTE bands.

Other than that, I know you said it's a new SIM card. Did you do a BYOP (bring your own phone) and start service with AT&T with the OnePlus phone?

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider marking it as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and we're all customers here and don't have access to account specific information and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@jt212s

you forgot band 5 for ATT.   ATT runs LTE on Band 2 and 5 in the entire State of Vermont.  Also there is a problem with how one plus coded there IMEI numbers just like ASUS did with the zen 2.  The att system is detecting its a 3g only device.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Hello

Oneplus3 as said that it was having Band5, look at the picture attached.

And I noticed the seller is registering oneplus 3 phone IMEI number when I bought the SIM card, is it meaning sth ?

I browsed the internet website and there was some topic mentioned the IMEI mattered a lot to LTE for ATT ,right?

My IMEI is 860046030521993, can you help me get a check?

image1.JPG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Hello Justin and ATT's friend:

it's oneplus3 indeed ,and i bought it on yesterday just now.

Nice to hear from you.
Attached picture is I did BYOD when I bought the card in the shop.
Need you help to check if I meet compatibility issue or something else.

Thanks a lot  image1 (1).JPG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

THere is not much info on your IMEI

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

many thanks for internal check , i noted it mentioned 'The TAC info not found on database' , is it regarding the TAC = type allocation code ?  

and besides , yetherday morning the phone unable to use LTE no matter what i tried , but around 12 hours later i was back to hotel and restared phone occasionally and switch the mode by open/close the 'airplane mode' it succeed to connect the LTE until now .

it's so weird i cound't know how it is working from failed in the morning to success in the night , as all the day i try connecting without stopping.

is it because in the morning IMEI not in ATT database , but in the night it has been registered ?

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

I always forget band 5. I don't know why. 😞 As far as the phone, if you did see LTE for a little bit, you're most likely provisioned for it. I wonder if you have the European version which only has band 5 that's supported by AT&T. Since it is the OnePlus 3, does the box happen to have any info or model number?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

The manufactures has told me that the phone included band 5 and and 2 so it means not a compatible issue between phone and ATT, can you please check why with this IMEI it can not use lTE ?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

For those having the no lte problem, I did too. After a week of trips to the att store it was finally solved. You need to set your apn to the old cingular apn, restart the phone, wait for lte to kick in, then change the mmsc and mmsc proxy back to the att apn settings. If you don't, you won't be able to send or receive mms messages. These are the apn settings for the mmsc and mmsc proxy for cingular and att. http://mmsc.cingular.com Wireless.cingular.com http://mmsc.mobile.att.net proxy.mobile.att.net
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.