The Samsung Galaxy S24
PsyCoe's profile

Former Employee

• 

7 Messages

Monday, December 10th, 2018 11:50 AM

Closed

OnePlus 6T - WiFi Calling

Does anyone know if WiFi calling on the OnePlus 6T works on AT&T? I work for the government in a building that actively blocks all incoming and outgoing radio and have to use WiFi calling. I want to buy the 6T, but if I can't use it to call or text during the day that would definitely be a deal breaker.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Wifi calling is not built into the device, so it wouldn’t matter if ATT allowed it or not.  The only device that would, is the t-mobile version, for their network. 

• 

1 Message

I have the unlocked dual sim version. I have an AT&T sim in one slot, T-Mobile in the other. The T-Mobile sim connects to VoLTE and VoWiFi without any issues. I didn't need to do anything beyond putting the sim in the phone. AT&T on the other hand cannot or will not provision the phone service for VoLTE or VoWiFi.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

But the pixel 3 series does get WiFi calling on ATT just as a heads up.

Former Employee

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I've looked at the Pixel 3, had the original Pixel and liked it well enough. Currently using the Note 9, but I'm really missing the stock Android experience. Is 4gb of RAM in the Pixel 3 sufficient for you?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@PsyCoe wrote:

I've looked at the Pixel 3, had the original Pixel and liked it well enough. Currently using the Note 9, but I'm really missing the stock Android experience. Is 4gb of RAM in the Pixel 3 sufficient for you?

Its android not windows...  Samsungs junk UI needs more ram so its not laggy.  I have yet to see a need for all the ram in these devices unused ram is a waste.  I had a pixel 3 xl test unit for a few weeks it was a nice phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Samsung’s burdensome software is the problem.  Although the problems with lag on previous models did not seem to catch up to the S8 or S9.  

I’m not going to say 6 or 8 gigs isn’t awesome, but I can’t say I’ll ever benefit as I’m not running games or several processes at once. Side by side a Pixel 2 and 6t are running very equal.  I’m sure I’m not putting enough load on either to really test them. 

Pity 6t is not going to work for you, but Pixel 3 is a good compromise 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

This is inaccurate information. AT&T is not enabling the feature for BYODs that they don't currently sell. If you previously had a supoorted AT&T phone which uses VOLTE and VOWIFI on your account and you switch to the OnePlus 6T all the features work fine. The problem is AT&T and their purooseful practices against BYODs. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@dgraham1282

Thats kind of the point of the post.  AT&T general policy is “BYOD androids don’t get advanced calling features”

But it’s not entirely true.  

VoLTE and WiFi calling can be enabled on Pixel 3/3 xl.  

As for the 6t:   I have gone through the trouble to find menus to enable VoLTE but WiFi calling will not work.  It says it’s on, but will not work on AT&T.  These are secret menus and possibly not open for discussion on this forum. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I'm talking from experience, here one and two, I have a nontmobile international unlocked 6T. The features work on both Verizon and T-Mobile with this phone. The problem is AT&T and only AT&T's own.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

Yes but you said wifi calling worked on the 6t which is false.  Volte does.   Yeah att does not white list non branded phones they don't certify.  Verizon does the same thing.   Personally a 6t on Verizon sucks as its LTE only.   And Verizon does still have fringe areas.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I've never had a "Fringe" area yet with Verizon and the phone is more supported in Verizon and T-Mobile than it's supported on AT&T regardless of how you try to slice it . AT&T is constantly trying to con you into buying one of their crap branded phones and could careless about BYODs. This is why I now have Verizon and T-Mobile instead of AT&T with this phone. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.