For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Amakan2424's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 17th, 2015 4:35 AM

OnePlus 2

1. I bought a 3rd party phone that AT&T does not recognize (OnePlus Two)
  2. That I could use the APN settings for "ATT Phone" and only get HSPA+
  3. That the APN setting of "ATT LTE" did not work
  4. myAT&T did not recognize my device as having 4G LTE.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Amakan2424

I’m sorry to hear you’re unable to access LTE on your device.

Because this is an unlocked non-AT&T device, we cannot guarantee that all data features will be available or compatible with our network once your IMEI is added to our billing system.

I do apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to post any additional questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you,

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I got OnePlus Two as well and had to deal with the same exact issues described above. After three vsits to an AT&T store averaging 1.5 hours per visit, the problem is fixed and the solution is simple.

By default, AT&T blocks 4G LTE on non-AT&T phones (unlocked phones), while claiming that they can not guarantee LTE service on unlocked phones, or that your phone is not compatible with AT&T LTE service. So, once AT&T assigns your SIM card to your unlocked phone's IMEI number, LTE disappears. In my opinion, this is done internationally by the corporate office in order to profit from contract phone sales, and to enforce full control over customers' phones by bundling contract phones with AT&T software, which is unfair competition.

However, the fix is simple and the problem is NOT in your OnePlus Two device but in AT&T's suspicious internal corporate regulations.

To fix this issue, you need to do the following.
1. Find a friend who has an AT&T LTE enabled/compatible phone (iPhones have been proven to work).
2. Get your friend's IMEI number.
3. Go to a local AT&T store and try to find a useful and knowledgeable assistant.
4. Replace your OnePlus Two IMEI number with your friend's IMEI number on your AT&T account. Don't worry, nothing will happen to your friend's account or phone. You can have one IMEI number linked to more than one SIM card. It will simply look like your friend's device is linked to two different SIM cards.
5. Change your Access Point Name (APN) under SIMs Settings on your OnePlus Two to "ATT Phone".
6. Enjoy LTE.

Best,
Art

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Had the same issue.

Instead of walking into a store just chat with a rep online and give them your imei number.

Took less than 5 mins to resolve the issue 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I went into the store and happened to get the one guy who had even heard of this phone. He was an Android user himself and was excited to see a OnePlus Two.

He used the IMEI of my old Nexus 5 and gave me a nano sim for the OnePlus. It didn't work right in Card slot 1 so we switched to Card slot 2 and I immediately had LTE signal. I've been using it for 2 weeks and it has had better LTE coverage than my Nexus 5 did!

It is possible to have ATT LTE coverage with the OnePlus Two.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

sure it is.....  you found that way.  A new customer is going to have the problems.  The IMEI on my account is the note 2 I got when we moved to ATT from Verizon.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Customer service seems to be aware (at least the one I spoke with today) of this issue. Walked me right through the steps and also knew that the IEMI needed to be reprovisioned (or whatever she did on her end) I didn't have to do anything aside from ensure that my OnePlus 2 was using the right APN and hit save.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

is there any chance you could let me use the IMEI you used to get 4g LTE data i really wanted to get a oneplus 2 and use it on at&t but dont have a second IMEI linked to them

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

is there any chance that i could use the IMEI you used i don't have an extra at&t phone 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

No.  You cannot use another IMEI.  I also have a non ATT phone.  (Nexus 6p). I took it to ATT and had them provision the SIM card so I would consistently get LTE.  

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76I'm still on an old IMEI too.

I've tried twice now, to get mine fixed, and had no luck, one time the CSR didn't have a clue, the other time they thought they were fixing it, but in the end they gave up...

I think this works fine if you have a phone that AT&T sells, otherwise, maybe you get super-lucky and one of the few CSRs that know how to provision this...

AT&T should provide a way to do this online, if they can't help you, IMO.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.