Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 19, 2013
2:41:15 PM
View profile
One X update in Europe
Edited by neky on Aug 20, 2013 at 1:13:44 AM

Hello everyone,

I tried the search but it didn't gave me anything I could use so, here goes my question. I have an AT&T branded HTC One X, model PJ83100.

Currently, software versions are:

Android: 4.0.4

Sense: 4.0

Software number: 2.20.502.7 710RD

Baseband: 0.19sd.32.09.11_3_10.105.32.25L (seriously?)

I am living in Europe (Serbia) and am unable to perform OTA software update via wi-fi; I always get the "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE" message, and that's it.

Is it possible to perform the software update if I'm not using AT&T network?

Thank you for replying and excuse my English.

:EDIT:

There is a manual update procedure listed here: HTC - HTC One X (AT&T) - HTC One X™ for AT&T ROM Update | 3.07.2013 but I'd like to go "by the book" completely and retain stock condition.

Hello everyone,

I tried the search but it didn't gave me anything I could use so, here goes my question. I have an AT&T branded HTC One X, model PJ83100.

Currently, software versions are:

Android: 4.0.4

Sense: 4.0

Software number: 2.20.502.7 710RD

Baseband: 0.19sd.32.09.11_3_10.105.32.25L (seriously?)

I am living in Europe (Serbia) and am unable to perform OTA software update via wi-fi; I always get the "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE" message, and that's it.

Is it possible to perform the software update if I'm not using AT&T network?

Thank you for replying and excuse my English.

:EDIT:

There is a manual update procedure listed here: HTC - HTC One X (AT&T) - HTC One X™ for AT&T ROM Update | 3.07.2013 but I'd like to go "by the book" completely and retain stock condition.

One X update in Europe

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 1:37:33 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by PhoneWizard on Aug 21, 2013 at 1:37:53 PM

Hi neky, the manual update RUU you linked is also "by-the-book" and will give you the exact same update that the OTA update would. It will, however, reset your phone to factory settings, so please back up everything before performing the update.

Hi neky, the manual update RUU you linked is also "by-the-book" and will give you the exact same update that the OTA update would. It will, however, reset your phone to factory settings, so please back up everything before performing the update.

Re: One X update in Europe

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (4,718 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 2:04:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
PhoneWizard is absolutely spot on in their answer!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
PhoneWizard is absolutely spot on in their answer!
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (4,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 9:46:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

RUU is in fact an "official" means of updating the phone. In fact, RUU is a cleaner installation, and less likely to result in random bugs than an over-the-air (OTA) update via the network.

The only downside, is that RUU will wipe the phone of all user data (although anything stored on the virtual SD partition
"should" be okay).  Backup any personnel data to your computer or cloud solution (and I'd recommend backing up any important data on the virtual SD also, just to be safe).

OTA update is typically not available if you are outside the country where the phone is intended for sale.  So RUU is your best bet.

RUU is in fact an "official" means of updating the phone. In fact, RUU is a cleaner installation, and less likely to result in random bugs than an over-the-air (OTA) update via the network.

The only downside, is that RUU will wipe the phone of all user data (although anything stored on the virtual SD partition
"should" be okay).  Backup any personnel data to your computer or cloud solution (and I'd recommend backing up any important data on the virtual SD also, just to be safe).

OTA update is typically not available if you are outside the country where the phone is intended for sale.  So RUU is your best bet.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (4,523 Views)