OS Updates for BYOD

Tutor

OS Updates for BYOD

Just curious if I bring my own Galaxy S4 device, would OS updates come from AT&T for the device or would I need to get them from Samsung or some place like XDA?  The phone I am purchasing is an "AT&T Version" either from a friend or other source.

Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: OS Updates for BYOD

videoroy wrote:

Just curious if I bring my own Galaxy S4 device, would OS updates come from AT&T for the device or would I need to get them from Samsung or some place like XDA?  The phone I am purchasing is an "AT&T Version" either from a friend or other source.

Any help is appreciated.

If you buy a branded phone (AT&T in your case) it won't matter where you bought it from, the updates will be coming from AT&T. Or as likely the updates won't be coming at all.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: OS Updates for BYOD

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will see if there is truth in advertising and if the phone I get is really A&TT version.

I have rooted and upgraded phones before to fix broken features when updates were slow so I can do that but I would rather not have the hassle.  But as you say if an update I am looking for is too slow, I can find another way.

Since I am not buying cutting edge products I am hoping updates I require are available.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support