For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
videoroy's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, May 31st, 2014 4:25 AM

OS Updates for BYOD

Just curious if I bring my own Galaxy S4 device, would OS updates come from AT&T for the device or would I need to get them from Samsung or some place like XDA?  The phone I am purchasing is an "AT&T Version" either from a friend or other source.

Any help is appreciated.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@videoroy wrote:

Just curious if I bring my own Galaxy S4 device, would OS updates come from AT&T for the device or would I need to get them from Samsung or some place like XDA?  The phone I am purchasing is an "AT&T Version" either from a friend or other source.

Any help is appreciated.

If you buy a branded phone (AT&T in your case) it won't matter where you bought it from, the updates will be coming from AT&T. Or as likely the updates won't be coming at all.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will see if there is truth in advertising and if the phone I get is really A&TT version.

I have rooted and upgraded phones before to fix broken features when updates were slow so I can do that but I would rather not have the hassle.  But as you say if an update I am looking for is too slow, I can find another way.

Since I am not buying cutting edge products I am hoping updates I require are available.

Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.