The Samsung Galaxy S24
Mockingbird_1's profile

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 3:28 AM

Notification bar looks different after AT&T update

There is a row of gray semi-circles across my notification bar ever since AT&T installed an update (without my permission... I was notified of the update and chose the option that said "Remind me later," but the next time I turned on the phone there was a msg. on the screen saying that it was updating right then and was unavailable until it finished).  I'm sorry I can't remember exactly what the update was; it seems like it was maybe a firmware update... but I'm not sure.  Here's a screen shot of how it looks now.  It's difficult to see the icons on the notification bar.  Can someone help me?

The update occurred approx. 2 weeks ago.

This is my first Android phone.  I've had it since the beginning of June, and I still have trouble making sense of how it works and all the options... even what the settings mean, zuch as all the volume settings and why some change without my having opened the settings to change them.

My iPhone was so much more intuitive!

179370459761775Screenshot_2013-09-02-21-49-20-1.png

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Can you post what type of Android phone you have?? With a little more info, maybe someone can help you. Thanks!

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

Dcookie, thanks for responding-- I've got a Samsung Galaxy S4. I sure hope you have my answer!

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Sorry, no, I don't have an answer for you, but hopefully someone will. Just hang in there, ok??

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it looks to me like it's just your background image. Try changing it?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.