For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
sniezel's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, February 13th, 2014 3:06 AM

Note 3 issues (unstable connection, internet connection unstable through this Wi-Fi connection)

I am becoming disenchanted with the Note 3. I have only had these phones for 7 days, and the problems started on day one. The Wi-Fi connection issue is the most frustrating, and I am growing tired of having to explain it to various AT&T reps, though I think they are trying to help. I have followed every step and work around I can find, including a total wipe and restore, and the connection still becomes unstable. This was never an issue with the galaxy 2 and 3 we replaced with the note 3, nor is it an issue with the iPhone 5 and iPad, or either pc's in our house (I think the issue may also be happening with my Samsung tablet T217A). It doesn't matter if I am at home or hitting a hotspot, the issue is the same. There are rumors as to what the problem is- 4.3 update, Samsung's antenna placement, Samsung's weak radio.. no one really seems to agree. Will a potential forthcoming update fix it? Does Samsung even acknowledge that there is an issue? This is something that has affected many note 3 users regardless of carrier, so it seems likely to be a Samsung problem. I am not convinced it can ever be fixed, and fear that I am going to be stuck with a phone that will never achieve its potential.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for your post. If you mean for me to turn off "network switch", I have already done so, though all that does is keep the phone from switching to data when it deems the Wi-Fi connection unstable.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for your post.  After having AT&T techs come out twice, the second time to relocate the access point, I think your explanation is the most likely.  I have been updated with the latest and most powerful equipment AT&T offers consumers (per technician), and the issue seems to be resolved.  I don't like how the phone changes connection, but I can live with it.  The only complaint I have at this point is that I never got the wireless u-verse box the first techncian said he'd give me, even though I told the second tech about the conversation.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.