Helpful Links

Note 3 4.4 battery drain

Tutor

Note 3 4.4 battery drain

So I feel like after the update my phones battery drains quicker. Does anyone else feel that as well?

Message 1 of 8
Voyager

Re: Note 3 4.4 battery drain

Yes I've noticed it too. Before I could go all day without charging. Now I feel I can't leave the house without a spare charger.  Hating kitkat right now!

Message 2 of 8

Its that way to on my s4! Plus it gets really hot as well. Called and got a replacement.
Message 3 of 8
Tutor

That's good that I'm not the only one..

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I also have it as well, but the problem is that AT&T and Samsung might not release a 4.4.3 update to fix it anytime soon. I need to call Samsung as well. I know the Nexus 5 has the same issue. It's something to do with the media server and trying to open the camera.
Message 5 of 8
Scholar

Im going to chime in and say today is the first day i have notcied this drain. 8 hrs and my phone is at 12% with no use other than a few emails, texts and one 5 min phone call

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

Just an update I called samsung and all they told me is that it was normal... All updates do this, and to monitor my usage on my phone.

I guess another waiting game until they realize

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

something to do with the update and camera use because if i use my camera once the battery drains in about 30 precent of time as not using it and using other things

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support