For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
doubledown88's profile

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

Monday, May 5th, 2014 1:47 PM

Note 2 - KitKat update?

When will AT&T push the KitKat update for the Note 2?  Overseas are now starting to get it.  4.3 crippled my device, so I'm hoping soon.  I still have to deal with this phone until November before I can upgrade.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

I don't think is a good idea to keep upgrade to new version of the software.

Think about it. You have a car that's from 1997, and you will to out a booster or nitro onto the car, the nitro will squash the car and completely destroy it when you accelerate.

Same concept with eh phone. When you keep updating to a newer version of the software, your cell phone will start to lag and slow down.

Whatever the phone was design for in the first place, leave it that, so you can still enjoy the phone.

Last example. Iphone 4, upgrade to ios 7, what do you think the outcome would be? Extremely slow right? Of course. But iF is under like 4.0 or 4.1.1 or whatevrr, is probably going to function much better than having loading the ios 7.

Is like you keep putting more stuff into a kids book bag on the same day when they haven't grow enough muscle to carry those weight with them.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Samsung has released dates on when devices will be receiving the Android 4.4 KitKat update.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059206/82024/EFC-1G6FFEGSTA 

According to the page, the Galaxy Note 2 will be receiving the update but it hasn't been released yet.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I would kind of disagree to this actually. Updates are released by the manufacturer because they not only contain new features, but they would likely also contain bug/security fixes. If an update would seriously have a negative impact on your device, I would highly doubt that the manufacturer would release it in the first place (e.g. you don't get iOS 7 on the original iPhone).

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

@tf245yay wrote:

I would kind of disagree to this actually. Updates are released by the manufacturer because they not only contain new features, but they would likely also contain bug/security fixes. If an update would seriously have a negative impact on your device, I would highly doubt that the manufacturer would release it in the first place (e.g. you don't get iOS 7 on the original iPhone).

Updates from Samsung function for the most part like you say. But AT&T is the one pushing the updates, not Samsung - why do you think different carriers get updates before AT&T. 

AT&T first needs to infect the updates with their various malware products in consideration of the generous amounts of money the malware developers undoubtedly pay them for injecting their malware bloat into the updates.

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

Sounds like SPRINT is getting the update already.  Maybe just a matter of time.  I may just dump the phone and get a OnePlus

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

The phone was built with hardware that was designed to handle such and update.  The KitKat update will optimise the phone for better battery life and security.  I personally loaded a prerelease test version and found it to be very smooth with some very nice new features.  Keep a open mind i think you will really like the update an find it makes the phone even better My wife and 2 daughters have a galaxy 4 and 5 all running KitKat with no complaints from them.  Please dont mention iPhone its becomming a grandma phone.. And cant compair 

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

Did you ever try mRobinsons debloater. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.