Not satisfied with GSIII

Contributor

Not satisfied with GSIII

I have a Galaxy SIII that I got in early September. Overall, I'm just not happy with it. Probably about once per week, anybody that I text just plain doesn't receive my text messages. Also, my phone on rare occasion sends a picture correctly, meaning it either just isn't received or it is received hours later. I have service and my 4G shows when I send these, but my pictures are rarely received when I send them, if they are even received at all. Another thing, which really is no big deal, is that if I am sent a text message more than 1 page, it is received completely out of order, not just in reverse order, but in no particular order at all. I still receive them, but it is just a pain to have to constantly put the pieces together. My phone also will restart for no apparent reason a few times per week. I don't know if I have a defective phone, or if these are common things on the SIII, but I am just not happy with it at all. Having it for 4 months, would it be too late to return this phone for another? What kind of fee would I be looking at to replace it with something else? I just really don't want to deal with this phone until it is time for my next upgrade. It's sad to say, but my 4 year old Blackberry curve was more reliable to me than this phone. Any input is greatly appreciate. Thanks for your time!

Message 1 of 3
Guru

Re: Not satisfied with GSIII

Sounds like a firmware issue. The phone is still under warranty, so you can exchange it for a refurbished model. Unfortunately, it's too late to exchange it for another phone. I'd suggest backing up your apps/data and doing a factory reset, as it will most likely remedy the issues you're having.

Message 2 of 3
Professor

Re: Not satisfied with GSIII

It took you 4 months to realize these things?  Phones can be exchanged for another model within the first 30 days.  After that, and within 1 year of purchase, you can get a replacement of the same model.

It sounds like its just a defective unit.  This can happen with any phone, Blackberry, Samsung or otherwise.  As suggested, try a factory reset.  And if that doesn't help, contact customer service and try a warranty replacement.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support