Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Not receiving messages

Tutor

Not receiving messages

Hello

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL fully updares. I'm being informed by multiple friends that I haven't received their MMS message, missing multiple messages on group chats and now just not receiving texts from 1 on 1 conversations. I thought it was the texting app but I downloaded a new one and same problem. What can I do?

Message 1 of 138
Tutor

Re: Not receiving messages

OK, I got my new SIM card activated.  (Phone rep was the only way to do it.  Instructions included in the shipped package failed and the online portal activation failed.  GG AT&T)

I had my work buddies send me a slew of MMS type stuff this morning and thus far, no dropped messages.

My current setup is this:

Unlocked Razer Phone 2

Enhanced LTE on

Google Messages up to date

Play carrier services up to date

New SIM card along with AT&T rep activation for my exact phone

Wi-Fi calling set to off

Erased all messages on Google Messages web portal and cleared app memory on phone

Created my own APN entry with the AT&T suggested IPv4 only, no IPv6

I think that's it.  Hard to say where the fix came from, but my reliability has definitely seemed to improve drastically.

Message 136 of 138
Tutor

Thank you for the update @gboybama. Have you noticed your own apn getting deselected and the default at&t one selected instead on its own? This happened to me multiple times. It keeps resetting selection to nxtgenphone apn that cannot be deleted.

Message 137 of 138
Tutor

Resetting APN?  Let me check....

YES!  I see it's been returned back to the default without my permission.  Ugh.

However, I ran a test with some work guys this afternoon, 5 of us in a group, mix of Apple and Android, and I received everything, both text and pictures that the group sent out.  After we all audited everything each of our phones received fully, we found that one guy on Apple did not receive one of my outgoing messages to the group, but the other three guys did.  That sounds like an issue on the Apple guy's end?

Note again that this was with "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" set to on.  I am taking the AT&T guy's word for it that this setting isn't going to matter for my issue...

Message 138 of 138
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support