meadsky6's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2018 6:57 PM

Closed

Not receiving messages

Hello

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL fully updares. I'm being informed by multiple friends that I haven't received their MMS message, missing multiple messages on group chats and now just not receiving texts from 1 on 1 conversations. I thought it was the texting app but I downloaded a new one and same problem. What can I do?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

@osirhc  I guess the weird reviews are a result of folks seeing their phone downloading the app with no explanation for what it does.

But hey, my approach is that I live in the cloud and if anybody wants to "get me," they probably can.  I'm not going to live in fear of installing a possible fix on my phone.  I install any framework app they tell me I need, hoping it's got at least something to do with improving the experience.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Turned off LTE Enhanced

And 

Created Custom APN with Same Settings as Default APN but IPv4 only on both IP settngs. This has seemed to work for me.

4G APN Settings: https://apn-settings.com/us/att-apn-settings/

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I dealt with this during the initial problem, and was very active on the
thread. I also experienced the recent resurgence of the issue. Turning off
enhanced LTE did the trick for me this time.

Last time, I had to call into AT&t and have them totally turn off voice
over LTE services on their end.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

@osirhc We do get HD voice with enhanced LTE services enabled on Pixel 2 and newer (not the original Pixel). My wife had to have her SIM card replaced for it to start working for her though...mine worked right away.

We both experienced the MMS issue this thread is complaining about though, so now we both have enhanced LTE turned off, so no more HD voice.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

OK, I got my new SIM card activated.  (Phone rep was the only way to do it.  Instructions included in the shipped package failed and the online portal activation failed.  GG AT&T)

I had my work buddies send me a slew of MMS type stuff this morning and thus far, no dropped messages.

My current setup is this:

Unlocked Razer Phone 2

Enhanced LTE on

Google Messages up to date

Play carrier services up to date

New SIM card along with AT&T rep activation for my exact phone

Wi-Fi calling set to off

Erased all messages on Google Messages web portal and cleared app memory on phone

Created my own APN entry with the AT&T suggested IPv4 only, no IPv6

I think that's it.  Hard to say where the fix came from, but my reliability has definitely seemed to improve drastically.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the update @gboybama. Have you noticed your own apn getting deselected and the default at&t one selected instead on its own? This happened to me multiple times. It keeps resetting selection to nxtgenphone apn that cannot be deleted.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Resetting APN?  Let me check....

YES!  I see it's been returned back to the default without my permission.  Ugh.

However, I ran a test with some work guys this afternoon, 5 of us in a group, mix of Apple and Android, and I received everything, both text and pictures that the group sent out.  After we all audited everything each of our phones received fully, we found that one guy on Apple did not receive one of my outgoing messages to the group, but the other three guys did.  That sounds like an issue on the Apple guy's end?

Note again that this was with "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" set to on.  I am taking the AT&T guy's word for it that this setting isn't going to matter for my issue...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.