meadsky6's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2018 6:57 PM

Closed

Not receiving messages

Hello

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL fully updares. I'm being informed by multiple friends that I haven't received their MMS message, missing multiple messages on group chats and now just not receiving texts from 1 on 1 conversations. I thought it was the texting app but I downloaded a new one and same problem. What can I do?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had this issue on my Google (Motorola) Nexus 6 phone.  I started missing MMS messages this past spring 2018.  Mostly group chats. I thought it was because the phone was dying since it was 3 yrs old.  I bought a new Google Pixel 3 XL and I am experiencing the same problem.  I don't think it is a problem with Pixel hardware exclusively.  It could be some incompatibility between Android and ATT.  Something changed this spring 2018 that seems to affect many people.  I tried everything described on this string without success, short of switching to a new carrier.  Since I have 6 devices on my plan, it isn't an easy switch.  I can't believe that is the only solution that works.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

People need to wake up and do what the rest of the world does - use WhatsApp, Hangouts, Signal, etc. US is the ONLY country that uses SMS/MMS, which is antiquated tech (i.e. 160 character limit, support for only 10 people in a group messages, etc.). The rest of the world had moved on years ago - Google it yourself. For example, if you try to convince people in UK to give up WhatsApp and use SMS, they will kick you out of the country. LOL

Yes I realize that all your friends and family do not use WhatsApp or similar app, but if you convert 2 people, and they convert 2 people, and so on, I would imagine that we can move away from depending on cell providers. Plus IP based messaging is so much more reliable. For example, you can message people while on a flight that has WiFi. Imagine being at a ski cabin on vacation with crappy cell signal, but WiFi router. That means you can message people.

I know this sounds like a comercial, but it's not. I am TIRED of dealing with ATT and Verizon and still having issues with SMS and MMS. If I pay 100% of my bill, WHY am I not getting 100% of the service??? I am doing my part converting my family and friends. Giddy up people!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I have the same problem with 3 different phones.  never had this problem with Verizon.  The problem started as soon as I switched to ATT...  S6, S7, Moto G5+

There are hundreds of help threads about this issue.  The ATT reps all give the same stock answer: Run the troubleshoot tool.  Well that tool does nothing to help this issue.  Its not an issues with everyone's phone.  Its an issue with ATT network.

I agree with previous poster: everyone should use WhatsApp or similar IP based messaging app.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

My wife had an iPhone through ATT, she switched to a LG V35 Android and was not getting text messages from iPhones on her new Android.  Turns out, iPhones that had text her before as an iMessage, were now trying to text her to her new Android as an iMessage and it is not compatible.  She resolved the issue by going to ATT and having them go into her account and switching off her status as an iPhone user.  Once the change was made, she received all texts from all users.

She had been told she needed to have all her iPhone friends and contacts delect their contact for her and start over, or to touch theach text and select "send as text"  instead of iMessage, but that idea is crazy and not a good answer.  Simply have ATT change their account to disable or turn off the iPhone status in your ATT account profile.  I had read post after post, not getting  good answer so once resolved I had to share this info.  Good luck, all!  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hey, I know this thread is a little old and there was supposedly a "fix" some time back -- I just started experiencing this issue within the last week. Google Pixel 2, on AT&T, using Pulse as my default messaging app. Is this still an issue/was there ever a final fix?

I did try the "Switch off the enhanced LTE feature", it seems to have worked for the last hour or so but earlier in the thread some people were saying that it only worked as a partial fix. Would love a confirmation as to whether this solved the problem for good.

Thanks,
Tom

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

This problem happened to me AGAIN recently. Very annoying.

I switched off "Enhanced 4G LTI Mode" on my Pixel 2 XL and that seems to have fixed it for now.

I sure wish AT&T would get their act together.

Associated Member

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Turning off "enhanced LTE mode" seems to fix it for my wife and i

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same here! Never had this issue before and this just started happening on 5/4.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I also had to downgrade the Google messages app from 4.2 to 3.9 and now I
am receiving all my MMS messages.

Regards,

Scott

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I was so happy to find this thread.  I've been having the issue for about the past week.....

Turning off "enhanced LTE mode" seems to have fixed it, but that's a pretty crappy fix.

I have a Pixel 2, bought from Google, and I first went through their full troubleshooting.  At this point, they have stated it's AT&T's fault.  I hope something gets addressed.  I'm not on a contract with at&t, so perhaps it's time to explore verizon?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.