meadsky6's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2018 6:57 PM

Closed

Not receiving messages

Hello

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL fully updares. I'm being informed by multiple friends that I haven't received their MMS message, missing multiple messages on group chats and now just not receiving texts from 1 on 1 conversations. I thought it was the texting app but I downloaded a new one and same problem. What can I do?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Wouldn't there have had to been an Android software update to facilitate this?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

yoolyalana, 

Does this mean MMS will work with Enhanced 4G LTE Mode activated?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Yes,  MMS will work with Enhanced 4G LTE Mode activated. My understanding is that they updated on both the ATT and Google platform side so the update should have been pushed to the phone without interrupting the users.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Man, I hope you're right.  Was excited to see your post.  Went right to a old message that has yet to download and boom - spinning circle of nothing.  Won't download.  Any word on if old messages that wouldn't load should, now?  Or are those lost in Pixel 2/XL cyberspace forever?  I did a restart and reset network settings, etc....  Thus far, I don't have a sample to judge by...other than the old one(s) that still won't load.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

zwizard, I don't think a software update to phones would be needed if issue was on ATT network.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, yoolyalana. Does that mean we should be able to turn Enhanced LTE back on without issue? Are there details on the root of the problem and why it was impacting Pixel 2s?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

3 group MMS messages in a new thread won't load.... No way this is fixed.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I had the same issue. I deleted the previous conversations (group and
individual). It seems to be fine now. I haven't seen the "message
downloading" error yet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This has been going on for over a month for me. I use my phone for business, like I'm sure a lot of other people do, and others rely on texting to communicate with me. I can't afford to wait for a fix that doesn't seem like a priority at all based on the total absence of communication (same with google). I tried to get a refund for the pixel 2 xl from google but was rejected. Therefore my only option is to go to another carrier. What a pain.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I've had this issue with a Pixel 2 XL since I've owned it, starting Christmas. I've tried everything (i.e. sim card, reset, clear cache, APN, etc.). Nothing worked. So I disabled Enhanced LTE as per many suggestions on forums here and Reddit. I thought that did the trick - until today. Missed an original multi person text. The only reason I knew I missed it, is because a reply from one of the people showed up. So disabling Enhanced LTE did not solve the issue. ATT tells me that they do not guarantee that ALL featured will work on a "unsupported" phone. Google support is saying they will document the issue LOL. My only other option is to get a replacement phone. But I hate to do that because Google doesn't send you a new phone, which I paid $1000 for - they send you a refurbished one. The other option is to go back to an iPhone, which worked fine up to me switching to Pixel 2 XL.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.