meadsky6's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2018 6:57 PM

Closed

Not receiving messages

Hello

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL fully updares. I'm being informed by multiple friends that I haven't received their MMS message, missing multiple messages on group chats and now just not receiving texts from 1 on 1 conversations. I thought it was the texting app but I downloaded a new one and same problem. What can I do?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

VoLTE is "Voice over LTE" In the AT&T world it allows for HD (High
Definition) calling and allows you to remain on LTE during phone calls.
Without VoLTE you drop down to 3G while you are on the phone.

Regards,

Scott

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have been having this problem for the past few days. Maybe longer, I am not sure.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

FIXED: This is really pathetic, on both ATT and Google's part. (Can't we all just get along?!). On my 5th-6th call to Google (they originally told me "we're well aware of the issue and should have a fix in a day or two"), after nearly 2 weeks of no reliable group or other multimedia texts (MMS) - pictures, videos, etc - the customer support agent was very apologetic, 15 minutes in. I was clearly perturbed, but also clearly not blaming the poor guy on the other end of the phone. He finally said to me "you could try installing an alternate messaging app" but was "not allowed" to recommend one. Eventually, he recommended Google Hangouts and it became clear that he was only allowed to recommend Google brand apps. After one friend's advice and some research, I've tried Telegram (couldn't get it to load my phone's contacts) and Textra (which is slick, but doesn't have a desktop companion). Both work. I'm sticking with Textra for now. Don't have more time to waste. Eventually, I'd like to find an app that a) works; b) provides seamless support/integration with google contacts; and c) also supports desktop texting for when I'm sitting at my desk (a lot of the time). 

Google/ATT: Put customer service above all else. It would have saved me SO much time and effort if you'd simply told me to try an alternate texting app 2 weeks ago. Otherwise love the phone, camera, network, performance. But to not be able to reliably text with friends and family (in a given thread, some texts would come through and others wouldn't - even from the same individual! - so really vexing and unworkable). 

Tom

Google Pixel 2 xl, ATT

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

@99EEBizDecider 

I tried this as well and it did not work for me. I tested it with group messages, images and single MMS images and was still having the same problem. Nothing was coming through. So I would not consider this a "fix".

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

In response to trying alternative texting apps; Beware, this did not fix my
problem. Hangouts no longer has sms support, so I tried:
Textra: looks nice but when you encounter the message failures were all
experiencing it simply won't show that you have a message to download. So
you'll never know the issue is happening at all.
Signal: same issue as Textra, does not display missed messages available
for download
Facebook Messenger: downloaded messages successfully only slightly more
often than my standard app. And I wasn't a fan of sharing my contacts with
Facebook.

Seriously guys, choose not to be stuck in the finger pointing game and
switch carriers already. I switched to Google's Project Fi last week and am
saving money with better coverage and zero issues.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I tried all that as well and nothing worked until I called AT&T and asked them to disable VoLTE on my number and also in my phone's settings.

MMS has been working ever since.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

@99EEBizDecider

If you download MightyText to your phone you can access your texts on their
website via your desktop using any text app on your phone once you sync it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Switching is not such an easy proposition when you have 5 phones on an account.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Right. I'd switch if I didn't have 4 on mine. 1 phone is still financed so
would have to pay it off AND buy another phone and I can't convince the
other 2 to purchase new phones since AT&T phones won't work on Verizon.
Mine is the Pixel 2 XL bought from Google.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I have been told that the issue should be resolved now. We ran some testing on my phone and everything seems to be working normal. Please keep the forum updated if you are still having problems and I will let our engineers at Google know. Thank you for your patience.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.