For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
meadsky6's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2018 6:57 PM

Closed

Not receiving messages

Hello

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL fully updares. I'm being informed by multiple friends that I haven't received their MMS message, missing multiple messages on group chats and now just not receiving texts from 1 on 1 conversations. I thought it was the texting app but I downloaded a new one and same problem. What can I do?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I called ATT yesterday and had me add a APN

No change.

Went to another group in ATT for diag.

Got a test today saying no problem...

REALLY!!!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I myself have a Pixel 2XL and am having the same issues. I started not receiving text messages in group chats along with no pictures. I am now not getting 1:1 text messages as well. I called AT&T they ran bunch of tests and even refreshed/reping the network, got a new sim card, tried different text messaging apps and even used facebook sms messenger and even switched to a brand new Pixel 2XL but nothing has resolved this issue. PLMK if there is something else that can be done to help.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

So even a new Pixel 2 XL won't work?? It looks like this is a pretty big issue that needs to be addressed between Google and ATT. I was going to follow your exact steps, but now I'm losing hope. I've talked to the ATT pro tech support and they've told me the pixel isn't optimised for their Network. On their side of things they can't even send or check for an update to my phone since their servers can't communicate with the pixel 2. Sounds like we'll be needing our money back at this rate or we'll have to wait until the manufacturer gets enough complaints.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

@joshdac I am going to reach out to the Hardware Phone team at Google and see if they are aware of this issue and make a complaint. Will update you once I hear back. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks that would be great. I'll also file a complaint and post an update/reply to your post if I learn of anything different.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am having this issue as well.  I realized it was happening a few days ago, but not sure how long it has been going on.  I get maybe 5-10% of MMS messages, and that's it.  Seems completely random.  I put my SIM card in an old iPhone and I get all test MMS messages that are pictures or group text replies.  Everyone gets my messages.  I did a factory reset on my Pixel 2 XL with no restore, issue still happens.  Does anyone have any updates on this whether it is a google/android or AT&T issue?  I will probably try to give AT&T a call today.  Already have a case open with Google but haven't gotten anything useful from them yet.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Similar to @tkr843243, I went back to my Nexus 5X this week. I have not been losing any messages now, I verified this at the end of the day with my groups. Plus my group texts make sense now. Smiley Happy  So it is definitely something between pixel2 and ATT. Hope a solution is published soon. I miss my pixel2, its better than the 5X.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Another update.  I just turned off Enhanced LTE on my Pixel 2 XL and so far I'm getting all messages.  I will also update my case with Google to let them know.  I'm not going to say this fixed it quite yet though until more time passes.  I will keep testing with friends and see.  So far I am getting 100% of texts for MMS (pictures and group replies)

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Just a quick update. Google is aware of this issue and have dedicated several of their engineers in resolving this issue. They even reached out to me to use my phone as a test case. I will definitely let them know about the enhanced LTE situation.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Excellent, thanks for your help. I ended up replacing my sim card and turning off the enhanced LTE option. For now I've been getting more messages. Hopefully Google is able to solve the issue!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.