The Samsung Galaxy S24
becky060209's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2013 3:32 AM

No wifi on Galaxy Note 2 after update

It tells me 'Network Disabled. Poor connection' when I am at home. 2 feet away from wireless router.

I would like to say I have had no problem with wifi connection at any att store or any open wifi network including my home wireless network.

Ever since I did the update...cant get wifi. Nowhere.

Please help. Rooting my phone is NOT an option.

Anyone else having a problem?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

that is scary...I am in middle of my update....

I have seen that on my friends galaxy s3.  He had to reset his route...While he was doing his update. his IP was x.x.x.x. and after update, it gave him the same ip and had issue.  He resetted his route and his phone and tried to redo his WIfi connection (remove and readd) and it solved it..

just a thought.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having the same problem. My phone shuts down the WiFi automatically after a couple minutes, even when I manage to get a connection. Even when the password for the router is memorized, it still asks me to enter it. It also gives the same error message about a weak signal, even though I'm only a couple feet away and the notification shows a strong signal. I'm totally frustrated. How can I re-install the update? I don't particularly want to reset the phone. 

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

I reset my phone and started from scratch. The reset kept the update and did not fix the Wifi. Even the AT&T Smart Wifi App would not connect to my router. Keeps giving the same error message, that the signal is too weak even though it shows a full strong signal.  It use to connect automatically the instant I walked in the door of my house.
I'm thinking that one of the apps has become corrupted with the update. The only way I've been able to connect is by shutting down all the apps.  I have AVG Antivirus Free and customized the widget to include "Kill All Apps." When I do that, my phone will connect to my home Wifi.

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

bought new note 2 with 4.1.1 -worked great. ATT forced updat to 4.1.2 and wifi would not work. Given new phone which worked with 4,1,1 but again forced to update to 4.1.2 and wifi states poor connection or unable to obtain ip address. I spent hours with tech support from att and level 2 samsung advisors. Tried multple setting changes. Finally admitted by samsung that this is an att firmware bug, Wait for a patch. I cannot believe people are not screaming about this.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

I have 2 Galaxy Note 2 phones. One took the upgrade with no problems. The second phone had the problem. I've read some people had worse problems, losing calls and their phones locking up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

The funny thing is last sunday my phone found the firmware update and installed it again without me having a say..yes or no I dont want the update. So I had to restart AGAIN for the second time... from scratch...but saved photos on SD card and Removed SD card before restart from scratch....

I think I may try your AVG thing Ken_E. That maybe my best hope.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have the exact same problems that everyone has been posting here. About 2 weeks ago my Samsung Galaxy Note II forced me to update to 4.1.2. After that WiFi became a nightmare for me. Problems: WiFi connected after master reset and resetting my routers. But if I left home and came back, phone could not obtain IP address. It said poor connection even though I was only 5 feet from my routers. It asked me to re-enter password all the time even though I checked mark to remember my password. While trying to re-enter the password, WiFi turned itself off pretty quickly repeatedly. I have spent many days and nights trying to fix the problems. I called ATT. They forwarded me to speak with Samsung. I spoke with Samsung. They said they never heard the problem and they told me to master reset, or else send the phone in for repair. I kept telling them that it was the software. They laughed in the background like I didn't know what I was talking about or who I talked to. I did master reset for multiple times on my phone. I reset both of my routers for many times. I tried to configure my routers and phone many different ways with different IP address and different MAC address, but nothing worked. I went to ATT store, and they said it passed 14 days and no one had this kind of problem. I couldn't figure it out whether the problem was Android 4.1.2, ATT softwares, and/or Samsung hardware. After exhaustion and frustration, I felt about going back to iPhone. Reason I left iPhone was because I need a bigger screen. Please iPhone make a bigger screen, and I promise to leave Samsung/Android for good.To me, this is beyond negligent.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

no answer from att? Read the forum from xda developers
they state you have to root phone(which i did not want to do)

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

people need to call support and have tech help register problem - then i was told they will address it -
amazing

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I haven't seen much on this issue outside of this thread but please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. That's the best way for us to troubleshoot & help.  

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.