The Samsung Galaxy S24
becky060209's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2013 3:32 AM

No wifi on Galaxy Note 2 after update

It tells me 'Network Disabled. Poor connection' when I am at home. 2 feet away from wireless router.

I would like to say I have had no problem with wifi connection at any att store or any open wifi network including my home wireless network.

Ever since I did the update...cant get wifi. Nowhere.

Please help. Rooting my phone is NOT an option.

Anyone else having a problem?

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

11 years ago

I had a similar issue with my Note II and it surrounded the phsycal updating of the software. 

After the software update my phone missed a step and did not fully update. Had to do a factory hard reset and then it went through the entire process. 

Once that happened everything worked fine. 

I'm guessing that step has been tried before, but in my case, it worked for me. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi There

My wifi stopped working a week or two ago: the phone connects right away (wifi logo on with traffic showing up) but the 4Glte logo stays on and no internet if i force the cellular display off. Apps forced on wifi like Netflix will send  "wifi required" error notification, even if wifi is on. The data manager  clearly shows a huge increase in cellular data.

I have restarted my router but I have 6-7 other devices including laptops and other phones working perfectly. Same issue when I am connecting to other routers (work, starbuck....).

I have uninstalled all apps upgraded since two weeks, restarted the phone etc... nothing has any effects.

A factory reset is the last option, I don't want to do it for now.

Help!

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

Try using the ATT app for wifi, switching between that and the phone's built in wifi settings. Sometimes just setting the phone down near the router and leaving it was enough for it to connect after awhile. Rebooting the phone sometimes worked. I did do a factory reset but that didn't help. Do a backup first. The problem lasted about 2 months and after a couple more updates from ATT it started working fine on it's own. Now it works better than ever, connecting as soon as I pull into the driveway. I disabled the AT&T app as soon as the problem corrected itself.

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

got note 3 works great

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.