The Samsung Galaxy S24
becky060209's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2013 3:32 AM

No wifi on Galaxy Note 2 after update

It tells me 'Network Disabled. Poor connection' when I am at home. 2 feet away from wireless router.

I would like to say I have had no problem with wifi connection at any att store or any open wifi network including my home wireless network.

Ever since I did the update...cant get wifi. Nowhere.

Please help. Rooting my phone is NOT an option.

Anyone else having a problem?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

This is the 2nd time I had this issue. Sent it to Samsung and they redid the firmware and updated the software to 4.1.2 etc.

Phone worked for a day before I restored my stuff. Worked for another day and a half then I happened to notice it was being updated with a 176MB download from ATT. So I waited till it was done to see what was going to happen. Phone rebooted and I noticed right away my wifi was gone.

Called Samsung next day and they said to send it back for further testing.

Something hit me today that if my phone was already updated, why was I getting another update so soon.

I decided to check my S3 and lo and behold it was still at 4.1.1

What I did was call ATT to confrm which IME# was on my account, it was the IME# for my S3 lol. What was happening was that my sim card was in the Note 2 and was being fed an update for my S3 which led to corrupted files etc.

My issue was caused by switching my sim card back and forth between my Note 2 and S3.

I had them change the IME# on my account to the Note 2 and I rebooted and my wifi started working.

Too bad I did a factory reset a couple hours earlier lol

Hope this helps someone 🙂

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Aaargh. I left home for a couple hours, came back and, again, my phone wont connect with the wifi.

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

att has to fix the software upgrade
If you go to return your phone they will charge you restocking fee
To me the galaxy note2 was great but with poor wifi worthless , went back to old iphone 4s

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

i can see now that our posts have over 500 views - maybe someone in att will notice

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

The problem keeps recurring for me now. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. Seems to like having the cable connected to my computer to connect. It gets frustrating troubleshooting when it doesn't connect. Sometimes I just give up and after leaving the phone alone for awhile, it eventually connects itself.

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

may say connected ,but no data transmits

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Fingers croosed, mines been working the past week. Another thing to try once you have downloaded 4.1.2 is to have AT&T flick the switch to remove u from their network then add u back.

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

do u know if wifi issue has been corrected?

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

I'm gotten a couple of updates for the AT&T wifi app but my computer won't take a hardware update for Samsung now. I'm still have problems connecting sometimes but I can reboot the phone and/or kill all running apps while trying to connect and eventually connect. Sometimes it does connect without any problems but other times I have to troubleshoot. As of March 26, 2013.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hey ken_e,

Let's see if we can get this corrected for good. Would you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.