The Samsung Galaxy S24
becky060209's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2013 3:32 AM

No wifi on Galaxy Note 2 after update

It tells me 'Network Disabled. Poor connection' when I am at home. 2 feet away from wireless router.

I would like to say I have had no problem with wifi connection at any att store or any open wifi network including my home wireless network.

Ever since I did the update...cant get wifi. Nowhere.

Please help. Rooting my phone is NOT an option.

Anyone else having a problem?

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

The AT&T Smart Wi-Fi app had an update yesterday. When I returned home today I found my phone connected to my WiFi without any trouble. Don't know if they fixed it but killing all the apps while the phone is trying to connect to the WiFi has been working for me. But I hear killing the apps is bad for the phone.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

and... I am not rooting my phone either. No thanks.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

So, it appears that the App updates yesterday have fixed the problem on my phone. AT&T Smart WiFi connected automatically for a second time.

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

still working?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Got my brand new phone today. Everything was working fine, hooked up to my wifi with no difficulty. Then the phone automatically updated. Since the update my phone it will not connect to my wifi. Every other device I have still connects. I turned the phone off and on. I turned the router off and on. I downloaded the ATT Smart Wifi app. None of this has worked.

It cycles back and forth between "Obtaining IP Address..." and "Saved, Secure" When I click on it, the pop-up window gives the signal strength as "Very Strong" and "Strong"

This is extremely disappointing.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

Try forget network and reconecting?

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

I dont know if this will help any of you having this probelm with the wifi but i had the same issue with my note 2 but with 4.1.1 once i did a factory reset with my phone.I reinstalled my software including  the upgrade to 4.1.2& have not had any wifi issue yet connecting with my router.I hope this helps someone

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

Try uninstalling the update for AT&T Smart Wi-Fi, rebooting the phone, then reinstalling the update again for AT&T Smart Wi-fi.

Guru

• 

642 Messages

11 years ago

Try the app "Wifi Manager". Use it instead of the AT&T program.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

So I wake up this morning and see the wifi icon on the top bar. The wifi is now working. I hadn't done anything else except charge the phone.

I had sent a message to attcustomercare last night. Maybe someone, somewhere pushed a button. Haven't heard back from att. I'm glad its working now, but am wondering how long it will last.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.