The Samsung Galaxy S24
purnimd's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 4th, 2012 8:26 AM

No mobile data toggle button in the swipe down menu after jelly bean update

I just received the much delayed jelly bean update for my Samsung GS3 SGH-I747 via kies. But I can't find the mobile data on/off toggle button in the swipe down notification center. Rest of the toggle switches are present as was in the ICS version. Only the mobile data button is missing. I use it all the time and it's really annoying to go to the settings every time I want to turn it on or off. Anyone here facing the same problem or I'm the only one? Do I have to do it manually? Please help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Yes, me too. I could not find mobile data on/off toggle, really annoying to switch on/off from settings. 😞

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I have checked in youtube. The international one, Sprint and T-mobile version have the toggle button after jelly bean update. What's wrong with the AT&T update?

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I too am missing the mobile data toggle off/on and wish it was there.  Any techie have an idea how to re-introduce it to its rightful place?  Please post here if you have any information on this...  Thanks, F.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

11 years ago

I found a quicker way than Settings->More Settings->Mobile Networks->Mobile Data, which is just Settings->Data Usage->Mobile Data, but it's still pretty darnn annoying that it's not just on the menu at the top where it used to be. I use that button all the time before.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This is really annoying. I use that button every single day as I go in and out of wifi areas. Is AT&T trying to get people to use more mobile data by burying it in the settings?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I also used the switch daily.  If I knew they were removing it, I would have stayed with IC.  Any news?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

I use the Widgetsoid widget on other phones.  This widget has an option for a mobile network toggle.  I use the free version and it suits my needs well.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

DataSwitch widget works well for me.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Is anyone else tired of AT&T's constant control of what they "think" is best for their customers?  I should be able to remove all of the AT&T apps WITHOUT rooting my device!.

Removing the data toggle is completely unacceptable!  I'm hoping it was just an oversight.. but really, probably just another way to increase profits on selling data plans.

Get with it AT&T or this long time customer will be moving to another carrier!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Where is it in settings.. I dont see a toggle at all anymore... uggh
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.