The Samsung Galaxy S24
bgthigfist's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Sunday, May 5th, 2013 6:02 PM

No memory to receive texts on SHARP FX Plus

I just got the phone set up yesterday and sent and received a few texts from a couple of people, then I got the error message Text Message Memory Full and it started refusing additional messages.  I have deleted all the text messages off the phone, but I continue to get the same error message.    Does anybody know how to manage the text memory on this phone?  Is there a way to move it to the SD card?

Also, has anybody found a way to clear off the pre-installed AT&T apps that use up all of the phone's memory?  I swear that this is my problem.  I have tried 'clearing the cache' on those apps that I don't use, but each time the phone reboots, they auto-update and then I start getting out of memory errors again.  

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@bgthigfist wrote:

I just got the phone set up yesterday and sent and received a few texts from a couple of people, then I got the error message Text Message Memory Full and it started refusing additional messages.  I have deleted all the text messages off the phone, but I continue to get the same error message.    Does anybody know how to manage the text memory on this phone?  Is there a way to move it to the SD card?

Also, has anybody found a way to clear off the pre-installed AT&T apps that use up all of the phone's memory?  I swear that this is my problem.  I have tried 'clearing the cache' on those apps that I don't use, but each time the phone reboots, they auto-update and then I start getting out of memory errors again.  

You can't remove the preinstalled ATT apps. I don't believe you can move texts to the SD card, either. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me but I'm pretty sure that can't be done. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.