Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 5, 2013
11:02:32 AM
View profile
No memory to receive texts on SHARP FX Plus

I just got the phone set up yesterday and sent and received a few texts from a couple of people, then I got the error message Text Message Memory Full and it started refusing additional messages.  I have deleted all the text messages off the phone, but I continue to get the same error message.    Does anybody know how to manage the text memory on this phone?  Is there a way to move it to the SD card?

Also, has anybody found a way to clear off the pre-installed AT&T apps that use up all of the phone's memory?  I swear that this is my problem.  I have tried 'clearing the cache' on those apps that I don't use, but each time the phone reboots, they auto-update and then I start getting out of memory errors again.  

I just got the phone set up yesterday and sent and received a few texts from a couple of people, then I got the error message Text Message Memory Full and it started refusing additional messages.  I have deleted all the text messages off the phone, but I continue to get the same error message.    Does anybody know how to manage the text memory on this phone?  Is there a way to move it to the SD card?

Also, has anybody found a way to clear off the pre-installed AT&T apps that use up all of the phone's memory?  I swear that this is my problem.  I have tried 'clearing the cache' on those apps that I don't use, but each time the phone reboots, they auto-update and then I start getting out of memory errors again.  

No memory to receive texts on SHARP FX Plus

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2013 6:01:29 PM
(0)
Expert

bgthigfist wrote:

You can't remove the preinstalled ATT apps. I don't believe you can move texts to the SD card, either. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me but I'm pretty sure that can't be done. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

bgthigfist wrote:

You can't remove the preinstalled ATT apps. I don't believe you can move texts to the SD card, either. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me but I'm pretty sure that can't be done. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: No memory to receive texts on SHARP FX Plus

2 of 2 (2,490 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments